Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Output coming in wrong format.... Post 302942368 by RudiC on Tuesday 28th of April 2015 08:01:59 AM
Old 04-28-2015
Possibly because one is going to a terminal (capable of interpreting console codes for e.g. colour) and the other to a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output using awk in script.

Guys, I have a script which hits the database and pulls the information that I need into files. Now I want to format these files to make them easy to read. The sample format of the file will be like.... <Start_of_File> Header1 .....xsdfsfa...adfa...... Header2 ....afefas .aefaefsdf...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script output format

Hi Gurus, 1. I have a script to run a SQL report. The script ran fine, but the format of the output is not satisfactory in that I see too much white space in between the lines in the output file (logfile). Please see the example below: 010192S.CD 01117CV000A.CD ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: syang68
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrong output in perl script

Hi, Here is my piece of code-- #!/usr/bin/perl my $Time_Stamp ; my $User_Name; my $Success; my $Failure; my $ErrorCode; my $ErrorMsg; my $logDir = $ARGV; my $logPrefix = $ARGV; die "usage: $0 <logDir> <logPrefix>" unless $logDir and $logPrefix; die "Log dir $logDir doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Output not coming correctly !!!

Guys, I need some help, the output for my script below is causing me some issues.... Not sure where i am going wrong.. The out put should be all one line, but from some reasons its coming out on 4 lines... Can you suggesst what i am doing wrong please!!!!!! for MEDIA in `cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not in correct format - cd script

I have a script that looks like this: dirname2=/usr/tmp/filelist/*/* for dirname2 in /tmp/filelist/*/*; do (cd $dirname2/catalog ||echo "file does not exist" && echo "$dirname2" |cut -d '/' -f 7,8 && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5} END { print "Total number of kb " SUM }');done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing perl script in Linux gives :Exec format error. Wrong Architecture

i have perl script that used to be working great , once i edit it in windows and convert it to UTF-8 and then via FTP return it . also did: chmod +x foo.pl and then when i try to run it : ./foo.pl im getting this error: ./foo.pl: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to format output

Hi all, I'm fairly new to this and learning along the way, so bare with me... I'm trying to format the output from a script to be more read-friendly. The output contains more servers and more processes but for as example it will do: Server: Test1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobsonm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not coming as desired.

Hi guys. I have a file containing some hosts and their IPs. host host1 192.168.2.10 host host2 192.168.2.11 host host3 192.168.2.12 I am writing a script where I want to print these values in 1 line. My script looks like RUNTIME_NODE=`cat hosts.properties | grep host` for i in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top Command Output is not coming via Cronjob

Dear All, I created a small script to get the CPU, GIS usage etc automatically. However when i run this script manually its working , but when i run through cronjob i am not getting any output. Can anyone please help me on this. I am using SuseLinux. Thank you in advance. #!/bin/sh {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitin Kapoor
2 Replies
UNICODE(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   UNICODE(1)

NAME
unicode - command line unicode database query tool SYNOPSIS
unicode [options] string DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the unicode command. unicode is a command line unicode database query tool. OPTIONS
-h --help Show help and exit. -x --hexadecimal Assume string to be a hexadecimal number -d --decimal Assume string to be a decimal number -r --regexp Assume string to be a regular expression -s --string Assume string to be a sequence of characters -a --auto Try to guess type of string from one of the above (default) -mMAXCOUNT --max=MAXCOUNT Maximal number of codepoints to display, default: 20; use 0 for unlimited -iCHARSET --io=IOCHARSET I/O character set. For maximal pleasure, run unicode on UTF-8 capable terminal and specify IOCHARSET to be UTF-8. unicode tries to guess this value from your locale, so with properly set up locale, you should not need to specify it. -cADDCHARSET --charset-add=ADDCHARSET Show hexadecimal reprezentation of displayed characters in this additional charset. -CUSE_COLOUR --colour=USE_COLOUR USE_COLOUR is one of on off auto --colour=on will use ANSI colour codes to colourise the output --colour=off won't use colours. --colour=auto will test if standard output is a tty, and use colours only when it is. --color is a synonym of --colour -v --verbose Be more verbose about displayed characters, e.g. display Unihan information, if available. -w --wikipedia Spawn browser pointing to Wikipedia entry about the character. USAGE
unicode tries to guess the type of an argument. For example, you can use any of the following to display information about U+00E1 LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE (a): unicode 00E1 unicode U+00E1 unicode a unicode 'latin small letter a with acute' You can specify a range of characters as argumets, unicode will show these characters in nice tabular format, aligned to 256-byte bound- aries. Use two dots ".." to indicate the range, e.g. unicode 0450..0520 will display the whole cyrillic and hebrew blocks (characters from U+0400 to U+05FF) unicode 0400.. will display just characters from U+0400 up to U+04FF BUGS
Tabular format does not deal well with full-width, combining, control and RTL characters. SEE ALSO
ascii(1) AUTHOR
Radovan Garabik <garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk> 2003-01-31 UNICODE(1)