Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX A question about scsi termination Post 302942315 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 27th of April 2015 02:56:11 PM
Old 04-27-2015
A question about scsi termination

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/iercomputer/ib...x-fc5736-3.gif
I have bought this controller.
Simple and fast question: I will put on this controller a external LTO tape,which is terminated with a terminator.
I have to put another terminator on PCI-controller port1 if I connect tape reader to port 0?

Last edited by rbatte1; 04-28-2015 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Converted to URL, corrected grammar and capital letters

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Abnormal Termination errors

I'm having trouble with Abnormal Termination errors. What are they, what causes them and how can I prevent them from happening? Are they application specific? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bialsibub
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Child peocess termination.

Hello all, Here is the problem: A ksh script (let's call it abc.sh) gets kicked off from a menu program using "nohup abc.sh &". The process ID of abc.sh can be recieved (pid=$!). abc.sh runs an Oracle PL/SQL script (it creates a child process). In order to stop the abc.sh (and the child)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
5 Replies

3. Programming

does snprintf guarantee null termination?

Hi All, I was reading the man page of snprintf function and it saids that snprintf adds a null terminator at the end of the string, but I remember once someone told me that snprintf doesn't guarantee the insertion of a null terminator character. What do you think? Does anyone have experience... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

random script termination

I'm writing a script to archive data. First, the files are all rsync'd to the archive directory via NFS mounts(I know not the most efficient, but the only choice in this situation), then I use md5sum to validate the transfers. During execution of the script, it will exit for no apparent reason. It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching the termination of one script

Hi I have a Shell script that needs to execute a command at the End of the excursion of other script And I cant get a handel On the trap command. And that is if the trap command Is the proper way to go this is a extract of the script MYHOST=`hostname| cut -d. -f1` echo $MYHOST ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 SCSI card question

I have 2 solaris boxes and trying to connect to D1000 to do clustering. I put the U cable to see the disks from both side, but I can't see any of the disks when I use format command. How can I verify that differential card is installed and configured correctly? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ssh termination...

hi all, i have a situation where i run ssh command from a unix machine to execute few scripts on 2 other unix machines. my problem is, the scripts that i run will start few commands on the 2 servers and will quit....i am able to quit from the script but i have to give ctrl+c (on the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat termination in script

So, I'm writing a shell script to help automate a process I'm doing. Basically I want to take input from the user for 2 variables, then create a file that consists of: Variable1,Variable2 Constant1 Constant2 .. Constant2000 then run an awk script. I'm pretty new to unix though, and so... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert after termination

I am running the gaussian program on UNIX with bash and I want to form a script that will email me once the output life terminates either "normal termination" or "false" I just started learning this last week so could you let me know how to go about this.:b: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jade_Michael
13 Replies
atapi_ide(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					      atapi_ide(7)

NAME
atapi_ide - Interface for ATAPI or IDE (PC) devices SYNOPSIS
PCI bus CMD/Acer ATAPI/IDE adapter: bus pci0 at * bus ata0 at * controller scsi0 at ata0 slot 0 controller scsi1 at ata0 slot 1 PCI bus Cypress ATAPI/IDE adapter: bus pci0 at * bus ata0 at * bus ata1 at * controller scsi0 at ata0 slot 0 controller scsi1 at ata1 slot 0 PCMCIA bus ATA/IDE disk card: bus pcmcia0 at * bus ata0 at pcmcia? controller scsi0 at ata0 DESCRIPTION
Devices commonly known for their use on PC devices as ATA or IDE devices are supported using the SCSI CAM device driver. The ATA standard has also been expanded to include what are known as ATAPI devices. The SCSI CAM device driver is also used for those disks and CD-ROM devices. These devices may also be known under the names EIDE, ATA-2, Fast-ATA, or Ultra-ATA. Beacuse the ATA/IDE standard was not developed until after many of the devices that used this standard were produced, there are many devices which do not strictly comply with the standard. While it is possible some industry standard devices may appear to work, it is also possible they will cause hang or data corruption cases when used under more stressful situations. For this reason, it is recommended that only the supported devices be used. These devices have been tested and are certified for correct operation. ATAPI/IDE controllers allow the connection of two devices. These two devices are known as the master device and the slave device. If only one device is connected, that device must be the master (slave-only configurations are not supported). When used by the SCSI CAM device driver, the IDE master device is assigned SCSI id 0 for that controller. The slave device is assigned SCSI id 1 for that controller. No other SCSI ids are assigned on that controller. Most ATAPI/IDE adapters contain two channels (known as the primary and secondary). Each of these channels may contain their own master and slave devices. Therefore, a dual channel ATAPI/IDE controller may contain up to 4 devices (a master and slave pair on each channel). These 4 devices are then accessed as SCSI id 0 and 1 on each channel. Many SCSI operations translate perfectly for use on IDE. For example, read and write operations are the same. However, many SCSI disk mode pages are emulated by the IDE device driver. For example, you can display the SCSI inquiry mode pages using the following command: % scu show inq pages pages are created by the device driver to contain the long (full IDE) form of the device name, serial number, revision, and the operational modes of the device. Only a shortened version of this information is available with the standard SCSI inquiry command. Note also that the following command: % scu show pages Shows that the SCSI mode pages contain only partial information. Only that informa- tion (such as geometry) that the drive reports to the system is able to be reformatted into these emulated SCSI mode pages. Much of the information (such as RPM) is simply not available from the drive, and therefore not accurately reported. ATAPI devices are much more closely related to SCSI devices, and as such contain their own mode pages. Therefore, for these devices, the mode page values reported are those from the device, and no emulation is involved. ATAPI tape devices are not supported at this time. FILES
/dev/disk/dsk??? /dev/disk/dsk??? RELATED INFORMATION
SCSI(7), rz(7), and disklabel(8) delim off atapi_ide(7)