Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to convert TXT file into CSV Post 302942209 by CarloM on Saturday 25th of April 2015 05:55:05 PM
Old 04-25-2015
Do you mean you want the output in fixed-width columns?
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert XLS to CSV and DOC/RTF to TXT

Hi, i don't know anything about PERL. Can anyone help me providing PERL scripts for 1. converting XLS to CSV (and vice-versa) 2. converting DOC/RTF to TXT Thanks much Prvn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Txt to csv convert

Hi, I was trying some split command to pull out values like "uid=abc,ou=INTERNAL,ou=PEOPLE" into a csv file. However because of erratic nature of occurrance of rows made me stopped. Could someone help me in this? and if someone has a one liner for this? The text file contain pattern like this... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any script which convert binary file to CSV format

Dear guys; I have a binary file and I need to convert its data to csv format ...appreciating your help. Best Regards (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
14 Replies

4. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert txt to csv

Hi - I am looking to convert the following text to csv. The columns may not always have data in them and they may have varying spaces but I still need to have a comma there anyway: Sample Data: ~~~~~~~ Name Email Location Phone Tom... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPBovaird
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a project. convert a txt to csv

Hi people. I've finally converted to linux, and I'm starting to explore the amazing capabilities of the terminal. At the moment in trying to learn how to extract text using the "grep" and "sed" command. I decided to learn by trying to figure out how to solve a practical problem. I have a schedule... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kugalskaper
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a txt file to a CSV file

Hi , I have a Txt file which consist of 1000's of SOAP request and response and i want the file to be converted to a csv file like column a should have a soap request and column b should have the soap response . can someone assist me in achieving this please ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm8
2 Replies
MP4SUBTITLE(1)							  MP4v2 Utilities						    MP4SUBTITLE(1)

NAME
mp4subtitle - manual page for mp4subtitle - MP4v2 2.0.0 SYNOPSIS
mp4subtitle [OPTION]... ACTION file... DESCRIPTION
For each mp4 file specified, perform the specified ACTION. An action must be specified. Some options are not applicable to some actions. ACTIONS --list list available subtitles --export TXT export subtitles to TXT --import TXT import subtitles from TXT --remove remove all subtitles OPTIONS -z, --optimize optimize mp4 file after modification -y, --dryrun do not actually create or modify any files -k, --keepgoing continue batch processing even after errors -o, --overwrite overwrite existing files when creating -f, --force force overwrite even if file is read-only -q, --quiet equivalent to --verbose 0 -d, --debug NUM increase debug or long-option to set NUM -v, --verbose NUM increase verbosity or long-option to set NUM -h, --help print brief help or long-option for extended help --version print version information and exit DEBUG LEVELS (for raw mp4 file I/O) 0 supressed 1 add warnings and errors (default) 2 add table details 3 add implicits 4 everything VERBOSE LEVELS 0 warnings and errors 1 normal informative messages (default) 2 more informative messages 3 everything mp4subtitle - MP4v2 2.0.0 June 2012 MP4SUBTITLE(1)