Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getopts alternative
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getopts alternative Post 302942190 by drl on Saturday 25th of April 2015 11:35:26 AM
Old 04-25-2015
Hi.

See also post #5 in thread Using getopts for handling multiple options for several different alternatives (in the sense of methods) for parsing arguments ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

Hi i have part of the scripts below ,getopt for -h or ? not working for me. can anybody tell me if this sytax right or wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh program=$(basename $0) ##################################################################################### function usageerr { RC=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in getopts

Hi, My script will take a input file as a parameter(which is not mandatory) and also an option. ksh my_script.sh <inputfile> The option -n I have given is no way related to the input file. Now the problem here is when i execute the script specifying the input file and the option(the way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts alternative?

I have to implement switches (options) like this in my script. ./myscript -help ./myscript -dir /home/krish -all ./myscript -all getopts allows switches to have one character (like a, b, etc.). How can I customize it for handling the above situation? Or, is there any alternative to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

using getopts

Is there a restriction on levels of using 'getopts' ? I have several scripts, each of which requires an option as the first parameter . If I call one prg separately it works fine, but when one prg calls another prg and passes the option on the called prg, then the called prg seems not to process... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

I am having some trouble/questions with getopts that I can't find any solid info on with google I need it to parse things of the syntax of: -r # # # -f -c with as many repeats as possible, and it should catch erroneous commands also, but continue going... my first question is, -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

First off, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I realize my problem will probably seem pretty basic to everyone, but I've been at this for several hours now and I've gotten nowhere. I would contact my professor, but it is too late for that. Anyway, I'm trying to write a function called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unknown50862
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts. Need help

Hi all... I have been looking on here for the past few days for an answer and Im gonna have to break down and ask. I just learned about the getopts command last week so have been trying to utilize it in my scripts. Below, I am trying to set up a case structure for options using getopts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

while getopts v OPTION do case $OPTION in v) echo "Hello" ;; *) exit 1;; esac done Suppose I have script tmp.sh Whose Signature is tmp.sh <fixed_argument> When I run the script with tmp.sh -v "file", it echoes a hello but, when I try the other way i.e, tmp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts help

Hi All, I am writing a script to pass the getopts argument to the function which I have. But it as soon as I execute the script, the argument is taking it as blank. I tried using multiple way to check but its not working. Can someone please let me know what wrong in this code. function1()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

Hi. Can somebody please show me an example of how to use getopts to assign a variable if it's been passed into the script but to set a default if no value has been passed in? And also how to handle a param with multiple values ... so a sub parse (can I use a function for this?)? Here's my code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user052009
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)