Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is it possible to upload files from a Linux station to a remote server via HTTPS? Post 302942162 by Zooma on Friday 24th of April 2015 10:33:58 PM
Old 04-24-2015
Is it possible to upload files from a Linux station to a remote server via HTTPS?

Hi,
I have a small Linux device that measures some IP stats from one network and then generates some stats files (csv format) based on the input at certain times. I want those stats files to be transmitted to a remote server a couple of times per day.

The Linux device is placed in a location where I have no control over the firewall settings. FTP/SFTP might or might not work, and those ports could be shut down at any time (that's controlled by another company). HTTP and HTTPS will always work fine though, so I wonder if someone knows if I could use HTTPS to transfer the files in some way? Or is there a better/smarter way to do it?

Thanks!
Z

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Upload Performance using IE from Windows to Unix via HTTPS

Hi, Is there any performance issue uploading a file using IE from Windows client to UNIX server via HTTPS? Before that, we were using HTTP protocol and everything run smooth Once we change to HTTPS, we might hit the "HTTP 500 Internal server error" Even though this does not happen all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darontan
1 Replies

2. AIX

File Upload Performance using IE from Windows to AIX via HTTPS

Hi, Is there any performance issue uploading a file using IE from Windows client to AIX WAS server via HTTPS? Before that, we were using HTTP protocol and everything run smooth Once we change to HTTPS, we might hit the "HTTP 500 Internal server error" Even though this does not happen all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darontan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl script to download files from Secured HTTPS server?

curl -# -v -d "sendusername=myname&password=mypassword&wheretogo=download.php" -L -o test.zip http://www.ims-dm.com/cgi/securedownload.php?p=HIREFTPM\&prodtype=hire/test.zip * About to connect() to www.ims-dm.com port 80 * Trying 209.61.193.139... connected * Connected to www.ims-dm.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and upload to FTP Server

HI, I need a script to find new files that created after 6:00 from /home/ugh /demo/conn /UAT/d01 and upload them into ftp server according to system date: Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: refra
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
BATTERY-STATS(5)						File Formats Manual						  BATTERY-STATS(5)

NAME
battery-stats - collected battery statistics DESCRIPTION
The battery-stats contains statistics about battery charge over time, as collected by the battery-stats-collector (8) daemon. FORMAT
Each line in the file represents one sample and is of the form: <seconds> <charge%> <powermode> <UTC-date> <UTC-time> separated by spaces and terminated by a newline. Where: seconds is the number of seconds since 1st Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC charge% is the battery charge a number between 0 and 100 powermode indicates the power mode: 0 A/C off 1 On battery 2 On backup power UTC-date a human-readable date in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. UTC-time a human-readable time in the format HH:MM:SS (using a 24-hour clock). Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. minutes-left is the BIOS estimate of how many minutes of running time the battery would provide. This may be unreliable, depending on the BIOS through which it was collected. EXAMPLE
A battery under charge might result in the following samples: 1032651245 27 1 2002/09/21 23:34:05 94 1032651275 28 1 2002/09/21 23:34:35 97 1032651305 29 1 2002/09/21 23:35:05 100 1032651335 30 1 2002/09/21 23:35:35 103 1032651365 30 1 2002/09/21 23:36:05 106 FILES
The default set-up is to save battery statistics in /var/log and rotate the logs weekly, which results in this set of files: /var/log/battery-stats - current (most recent) statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+ - less recent statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+.gz - ancient statistics SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1), battery-stats-collector(8). AUTHOR
Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> September 23, 2002 BATTERY-STATS(5)