Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print particular string in a field of csv file - part 2 Post 302942053 by garydeena on Friday 24th of April 2015 12:21:49 AM
Old 04-24-2015
Unless you don't have gawk
read file ; drop first line ; print everything before first , ; print last field after /
Code:
cat inputfile | tail +2 | awk -F,  '{ print $1}'  | awk -F/  '{ print $NF}'

This User Gave Thanks to garydeena For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of string from 3rd field $3 using AWK

I'm executing "wc -lc" command in a c shell script to get record count and byte counts and writing them to a file. I get the result with the full pathname of the file. But I do not want the path name to be printed in the output file. I heard that using Awk we can get this but I don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakuri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and print part of a string

I have a file that contains: yahoo.com.23456 web.log.common.us.gov.8675 192.168.1.55.34443 john-doe.about.com.22233 64.222.3.4.120 sunny.ca.4442 how can i remove the strings after the last dot (.) and reprint the file? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all, I have a string that looks like: #!/bin/sh options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc" My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of a string from second field

I have a file in below format (pipe delimited): 1234__abc|John__abc|xyz 3345__abc|Kate__abc|xyz 55344|Linda__abc|xyz 33434|Murray|xyz I want to remove any occurence of "__abc" in the second field of this file. I did some research and found a way to replace the entire second field with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajv
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

6. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print particular string in a field of csv file

Hi, all I need your help and suggestions. I want to print particular strings in a field of a csv file and show them in terminal. Here is an example of the csv file. SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)