Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep and rename ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep and rename ? Post 302942041 by garydeena on Thursday 23rd of April 2015 10:49:07 PM
Old 04-23-2015
Code:
NUM=`cat /m/n/o/A.log | awk '{ print $3}' | awk -F, '{ print $1}'`
DATE=`date '+%m%d'`
mv /x/y/z/testit_folder   /x/y/z/changed_$DATE_$NUM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a number of files using grep

Hi all, I'm trying to rename a directory of html-files: index.php?page=start should become start.html I've lost track of all the pipes and brackets and decided I need some help ;-) Many thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TylerDurden
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename using mv ?

Hi all how can can remove the underscore from this number in this series _1234567.abc _1234567.abcd I was trying mv _1234567* 1234567 but did not work ? thanks s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I rename the following=-^

I have a file named -^, I want to look at it, rename, etc. Any help out there?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename

hi, im doin an assignment which requires you to build a shell script to do the MS DOS style equivilant (sp?) of the rename function. What i have to do is a loop which checks the following rules and output messages (same): Can't have anything after target Can't have more than one dot Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bohoo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and rename the filename

Hi All, Can you please help me. The situation is like this. There are many different file name in this directory. I have to grep all the file that the name start with "PTWO" and rename it to COM with the current date. This is the script that I have done and it hit an... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: badbunny9316
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with rename

hi guys i am writing a script to change the filename which is enterered as input to lower case letter even if one letter is upper case i have to change it to lower case i get the input and use sed comand should i use like that sed/s/a-z/A-Z/d will it be like that can u please help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: farhan_t49
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using rename

I want to rename files Files show like this 1977SSD_rsdtst.pdf 1976SDP_rstdtsr.pdf 1943FDT_rstdsrt.pdf 1996DFF_stdstrd.pdf I want to introduce _ after the year, and move the characters to the end to get 1977_rsdtst_SSD.pdf 1976_rstdtsr_SDP.pdf 1943_rstdsrt_FDT.pdf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rename

Renaming files using rename on the following files rename 's/.99999/.99999.sac.pzs/g' *.99999 sac_pzs_iv_esml_hhz__2013.074.10.18.23.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_favr_hhe__2010.187.00.00.00.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)                                                      User Commands                                                     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -f, --first-hop=NUM Set initial hop distance, that is the time-to-live. -g, --gateways=GATES List of gateways for loose source routing. -I, --icmp Use ICMP ECHO as probe. -m, --max-hop=NUM Set maximal hop count (default is 64). -M, --type=METHOD Use METHOD (icmp or udp) for traceroute operations, defaulting to udp. -p, --port=PORT Use destination PORT port (default is 33434). -q, --tries=NUM Send NUM probe packets per hop (default is 3). --resolve-hostnames Resolve hostnames. -t, --tos=NUM Set type of service (TOS) to NUM. -w, --wait=NUM Wait NUM seconds for response (default is 3). -?, --help Give this help list. --usage Give a short usage message. -V, --version Print program version. GNU inetutils 2015-05-15 TRACEROUTE(1)