Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Copy mismatch while copying RHEL DVD to folder Post 302941959 by nixhead on Thursday 23rd of April 2015 07:41:00 AM
Old 04-23-2015
See the difference in total of files after ls -lrt command. I was referring to this only.
CPied location:

DVD Mount location:

As you're telling that may be because there is difference of file structure in two.

---------- Post updated at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:14 AM ----------

I read it somewhere, the total points to number of file system blocks that the directory's files occupy.

Last edited by nixhead; 04-23-2015 at 07:21 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split folder into dvd size

Hello everyone, I have a big folder in a linux server that contains dozen of big files (total folder size ~ 50 GB) I have a couple of files of 2.5 GB and some others from 100 MB to 1 GB. (that said it's obvious that it's impossible having two 2.5 GB files in one dvd) The purpose is to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Copying Folder, C program

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Copying all the normal files from 1 folder to another on a unix platform. I pass in 1 or 2 arguments, the folder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MW99
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy folder and its contents to another folder

Hi experts, I am coming to you with this basic question on copying a folder and its content from one location to another folder using PERL script. This is my requirement. I have a folder AB under /users/myhome I want to copy AB and its contents to /user/workspace. Finally it should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files with the same filenames as those in another folder to that same folder?

Hello All A similar question like this was asked before but I need to change part of the question. I've two folders, Folder A contains some image files in 150 subfolders; Folder B contains text files in 350 subfolders. All image files in Folder A have the same filename as the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlade
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Lesser bandwidth while copying files from 1 RHEL server to abother.

I am facing an issue of getting lesser band width while copying file from RHEL server to another RHEL machine.In our system , there are 4 no of RHEL 5.9 Enterprise server and 2 network interface in each servers are bonded. Out of 4, 2 machines (Server A and Server B) are with in same network and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies