Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state? Post 302941931 by bentech4u on Thursday 23rd of April 2015 01:29:57 AM
Old 04-23-2015
How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state?

Hi Community,

i have one M5000 spare machine which was handled by support team. they told me that it is gone completely .

i have checked the status. before it was showing MBU_B degraded. i updated to latest firmware and , resetted the xscf and now this is showing as normal.

Code:
MBU_B Status:Normal; Ver:4401h; Serial:BD131500KA  ;
        + FRU-Part-Number:CF00541-4360 01   /541-4360-01          ;
        + Memory_Size:128 GB;
        + Type:2;
        CPUM#0-CHIP#0 Status:Normal; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP120405RT  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C3   /371-4932-03          ;
            + Freq:2.660 GHz; Type:48;
            + Core:4; Strand:2;
        CPUM#0-CHIP#1 Status:Normal; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP120405RT  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C3   /371-4932-03          ;
        CPUM#1-CHIP#0 Status:Normal; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP11320266  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C2   /371-4932-03          ;
        CPUM#1-CHIP#1 Status:Normal; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP11320266  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C2   /371-4932-03          ;
*       CPUM#2-CHIP#0 Status:Deconfigured; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP1038086R  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C0   /371-4932-03          ;
*       CPUM#2-CHIP#1 Status:Deconfigured; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP1038086R  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C0   /371-4932-03          ;
*       CPUM#3-CHIP#0 Status:Deconfigured; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP11050AZH  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C1   /371-4932-03          ;
*       CPUM#3-CHIP#1 Status:Deconfigured; Ver:0601h; Serial:PP11050AZH  ;
            + FRU-Part-Number:CA06761-D205 C1   /371-4932-03          ;

what is Status:Deconfigured means?

Thanks & Regards,
Ben

Last edited by Don Cragun; 04-23-2015 at 02:52 AM.. Reason: Use ICODE tags to avoid smiley substitution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to solve "ioscan -En" hardware errors

Hi, I found devices errors in #ioscan -En. it is showing that soft errors = 0 and hard errors= 5. what should i do for hard errors=0. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

5. BSD

Process stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this problem "Illegal Option"

I am just trying to read the password from command prompt that user should type with in 10 seconds, I am getting "read: Illegal option -t" #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't solve the "Too many open files" error

I keep getting "Too many open files" in /var/adm/messages that I do not know how to fix. I've searched for solution on this forum and have increased the file descriptors limit but the problem persists. The problem is happening in a solaris zone.... /var/adm/messages log example May... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JT-KGY
8 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 showhardconf is showing everything is Deconfigured

Hi Forum please help me to fix M5000 Server which we were not using. now i logged to serve and foung that everything is showing as Deconfigured. XSCF> showhardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; + Serial:BDF1051F30; Operator_Panel_Switch:Locked; + Power_Supply_System:Single;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
psradm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						psradm(1M)

NAME
psradm - change processor operational status SYNOPSIS
psradm -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] processor_id psradm -a -f | -i | -n | -s [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
The psradm utility changes the operational status of processors. The legal states for the processor are on-line, off-line, spare, faulted, and no-intr. An on-line processor processes LWPs (lightweight processes) and can be interrupted by I/O devices in the system. An off-line processor does not process any LWPs. Usually, an off-line processor is not interruptible by I/O devices in the system. On some processors or under certain conditions, it might not be possible to disable interrupts for an off-line processor. Thus, the actual effect of being off-line might vary from machine to machine. A spare processor does not process any LWPs. A spare processor can be brought on-line, off-line or to no-intr by a privileged user of the system or by the kernel in response to changes in the system state. A faulted processor is identified by the kernel, which monitors the behavior of processors over time. A privileged user can set the state of a faulted processor to be on-line, off-line, spare or no-intr, but must use the force option to do so. A no-intr processor processes LWPs but is not interruptible by I/O devices. A processor can not be taken off-line or made spare if there are LWPs that are bound to the processor unless the additional -F option is used. The -F option removes processor bindings of such LWPs before changing the processor's operational status. On some architectures, it might not be possible to take certain processors off-line or spare if, for example, the system depends on some resource provided by the processor. At least one processor in the system must be able to process LWPs. At least one processor must also be able to be interrupted. Since an off-line or spare processor can be interruptible, it is possible to have an operational system with one processor no-intr and all other processors off-line or spare but with one or more accepting interrupts. If any of the specified processors are powered off, psradm might power on one or more processors. Only superusers can use the psradm utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Perform the action on all processors, or as many as possible. -f Take the specified processors off-line. -F Force the transition to the additional specified state. Required if one or more of the specified processors was in the faulted state. Set the specified processors to faulted, if no other transition option was specified. Forced transitions can only be made to faulted, spare, or off-line states. Administrators are encouraged to use the -Q option for pbind(1M) to find out which threads will be affected by forced a processor state transition. -i Set the specified processors no-intr. -n Bring the specified processors on-line. -s Make the specified processors spare. -v Output a message giving the results of each attempted operation. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor to be set on-line or off-line, spare, or no-intr. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 2 and 3 off-line: % psradm -f 2 3 Example 2: Setting Processors to no-intr The following example sets processors 1 and 2 no-intr: % psradm -i 1 2 Example 3: Setting Processors to spare The following example sets processors 1 and 2 spare, even if either of the processors was in the faulted state: % psradm -F -s 1 2 Example 4: Setting All Processors on-line % psradm -a -n Example 5: Forcing Processors to off-line The following example sets processors 1 and 2 offline, and revokes the processor bindings from the processes bound to them: % psradm -F -f 1 2 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/wtmpx Records logging processor status changes ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pbind(1M), psrinfo(1M), psrset(1M), p_online(2), processor_bind(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psradm: processor 4: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist in the configuration. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be taken off-line because it either has LWPs bound to it, is the last on-line processor in the sys- tem, or is needed by the system because it provides some essential service. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor could not be set no-intr because it is the last interruptible processor in the system, or or it is the only processor in the system that can service interrupts needed by the system. psradm: processor 3: Device busy The specified processor is powered off, and it cannot be powered on because some platform-specific resource is unavailable. psradm: processor 0: Not owner The user does not have permission to change processor status. psradm: processor 2: Operation not supported The specified processor is powered off, and the platform does not support power on of individual processors. SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 psradm(1M)