Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD X -configure fails on NetBSD: Number of created screens does not ... Post 302941902 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of April 2015 02:48:21 PM
Old 04-22-2015
It's unlikely to be a BIOS problem.

Comment out this line:
Code:
BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"

Unless you have more than one card that may be more specific than needed.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Console screens

How do you switch screens in AIX? I know you can use ALT-F1, ALT-F3, etc. in SCO Unix. Help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falstaff100
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Created cron.allow file and now email fails

Getting ready for Sarbanes Oxley and I was told that I need to create a cron.allow file for the box so that only specified users can create cron jobs. That was easy enough, and I put in all the accounts that had scheduled cron jobs such as: root lp My oracle account A couple of programmer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: citrowske
1 Replies

3. Debian

./configure is broken - /lib/cpp fails sanity check

Hi, I first wanted to install my NIC drivers but it said: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. So I installed the kernel source: linux-source-2.6.18_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch5_all.deb 1) cd /usr/src 2) -xjvf linux-source.2.6.18.extension (forget what it was) 3) ln -s... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of Nodes created and write it to a Log file

Dear Experts, I have to count the number of AddressRecords formed in bbc.xml file using unix script file. For example: for below pasted file, I need to write an output to a log file as "No. of Address Records Created=4". Snippet of bbc.xml:- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani333
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP UX welcome screens

How I can I remove the welcome screen for HPUX ie * * * * * Welcome to AIX Version 5.3! * * * but only for some users ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

3D screens in surgical industry

I just had this odd idea that may even have some future. The advent of 3D screens for the mass market might prove useful for the healthcare industry, while in surgical practices they rely on medical imagery more and more often. Perhaps the introduction of 3D screens will give the illusion of depth... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How can I see all screens of a user?

Hi folks, I was running many commands using root and closed the session. I would like to see if there is a way to go back to the server and see those screens so I can remember what I did the next time I need to do that. Thanks a bunch! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check number of files that were created before a date?

Hi all, In a directory I have a lot of files created in history. However do I check the number of files that were created before a designated date? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

9. SCO

Cannot Switch from GUI to Text Screens

A client's SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 MP 4 system: The X-Windows GUI comes up fine (on multi-screen 2) but I cannot switch to tty01 or tty03 or any other tty. The display just shows a blinking cursor. I went into scoadmin video and checked that the function keys were all assigned--they are. I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Separate X screens on x86 Solaris 11.3

Good morning, I` am trying to make a separate X screens on x86 machine Dell XE2 Intel i5 2.5Ghz . Video : Xeon E3-1200 v3/4 Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics processor Using Solaris 11.3 Release: kernel SunOS 5.11 Gnome 2.30.2 So right now I have tried to change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: defs
4 Replies
sax2(1) 							Utils for X-Window							   sax2(1)

NAME
xquery - query the X-Server for a various set of information SYNOPSIS
xquery [ options ] DESCRIPTION
xquery is used to obtain/set special information from/to the X-Server like new modeline timings to change size and position of the picture or check for active number of screens... see the options chapter to get an overview of what xquery can do COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
Available command line options are the following: -s Get number of available screens. -a "screen timing" Apply new modeline timing to the X-Server which may change the current geometry of the picture. The option -a takes only one parame- ter which is a string containing the screen and timing information. Every value of the parameter is seperated by a single space, screen define which screen should be used to apply the new timing and timing specify the new timing values. Timing parameters are the following: 1. Horizontal display value 2. Number of horizontal ticks before vsync-start 3. Number of horizontal ticks until vsync-end 4. Total number of horizontal ticks 5. Vertical display value 6. Number of vertical ticks before vsync-start 7. Number of vertical ticks until vsync-end 8. Total number of vertical ticks -m Obtain currently used modelines for all screens -r Obtain currently used resolutions for all screens -y Obtain sync ranges from the active configuration for all screens -n screen Switch to next mode of the given screen, according to Modes configuration parameter which is located within the screen section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf -p screen Same as option -n except switching to the previous mode. -d display Set basic display to use. Specify only the major display number without any screen information because the number of screens are acounted from xquery itself. -c Get current color depths for all screens. -f Get current used frequencies for all screens. -M Get middle point coordinates of all screens. -S Get screen number of the screen the mouse is currently over. -R "screen text" Show XFT rendered string on a specific screen. NOTE
xquery take care about Xinerama sessions. This means even if you have only one big screen, xquery will know about the single screens build- ing this big screen. Unfortunately there are Xinerama or similar extensions built into binary drivers like nvidia which are not handled correctly via xquery. AUTHORS
Written by Marcus Schafer REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bugzilla.novell.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 15, 2005 sax2(1)