Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparison between two files through UNIX script Post 302941831 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 21st of April 2015 04:08:39 PM
Old 04-21-2015
And, please show us what you have tried so far to solve this problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix comparison

I am very new to Unix. What are the similiarities and differences between ScoUnix and AIX5 if any? Where might i find the information? Which is better? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewGuy100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison of 2 files in UNIX

Hi, There are two files in UNIX system with some lines are exactly the same, some lines are not. I want to compare these two files.The 2 files (both the files have data in Column format )should be compared row wise and any difference in data for a particular row should lead to storage of data of... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
32 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of 2 files

Kindly help on follows. I have 2 files. One file contains only one column of mobile numbers. And total records in a file 12 million. Second file contains 2 columns mobile numbers and balance. and total records 30 million. I want to find out balance of each data in file 1 corresponding to file 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamal_418
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two files (sh)

Hi, I have a problem with comparison of two files file1 20100101 20090101 20080101 20071001 20121229 file2 19990112 12 456 7 20011131 19 20100101 2 567 1 987 17890709 123 555 and, sh script needs to compare of these two files and give out to me result: 20100101 2 567 1 987 it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of 2 files using unix or awk

Hello, I have 2 files and I want them to be compared in a specific fashion file1: A_1200_1250 A_1251_1300 B_1301_1350 B_1351_1400 B_1401_1450 C_1451_1500 and so on... file2: 1210 1305 1260 1295 1400 1500 1450 1495 Now The script should look for "1200" from A_1200_1250 of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix script Unix script which counts no. of files/sub-files

Hi All, For past some days iam trying, which not able to get to..so please help me on this.. My exact requirement is... Step1: Find how many files/sub files exist in /some/path (maybe in multiple path) Step2: Count the no. of files/sub files with their respective size. Step3: Then a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam09
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix script Unix script which counts no. of files/sub-files

Hi All, For past some days iam trying, which not able to get to..so please help me on this.. My exact requirement is... Step1: Find how many files/sub files exist in /some/path (maybe in multiple path) Step2: Count the no. of files/sub files with their respective size. Step3: Then a file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam09
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help regarding comparison between two files through UNIX script

Hi All , I am aware of unix command ,but not comforable in putting together in script level.I came to situation where I need to compare between two .txt files fieldwise and need a mismatch report. As I am new to unix script arena ,if anyone can help in the below scenario that will be really... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file comparison

I have two files which has component name and version number separated by a space cat file1 com.acc.invm:FNS_PROD 94.0.5 com.acc.invm:FNS_TEST_DCCC_Mangment 94.1.6 com.acc.invm:FNS_APIPlat_BDMap 100.0.9 com.acc.invm:SendEmail 29.6.113 com.acc.invm:SendSms 12.23.65 cat file2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of files

I have the requirement I have two files cat fileA something anythg nothing everythg cat fileB everythg anythg Now i shld use fileB and compare every line at fileA and get the output as something nothing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X