Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags Post 302941610 by madankumar.t@hp on Saturday 18th of April 2015 05:30:28 AM
Old 04-18-2015
Blade Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All

i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2.

any help appreciated

Code:
<locations>
      <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation>
        <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote>
        <credentialsId></credentialsId>
        <depthOption>infinity</depthOption>
        <ignoreExternalsOption>false</ignoreExternalsOption>
		<remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/externalshard</remote>
      </hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation>
    </locations>

Thanks In advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else

Hello Unix Users, I am very new to Unix so I am not sure how do I do the following. I need a script such that when I type the following in the command prompt > . scriptName.sh wordToBeReplaced DirectoryLocation will find the word someword located in a somefile.xml in DirectoryLocation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5211171
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in xml file using awk..

Hi All, I have xml file,i am tring to use awk to search pattern as: <Password>x</Password> and Replace with: <Password>y</Password> please any one can help to solve this using awk and awk only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam2666
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a particular word and replace the first character

Hi Unix gurus, I've a dna sequence in a file format known as fasta format (sequence header starts with > and ignored), an example shown below: >sequence_1 CGTATTCTCCGAATACC ATACG >sequence_2 CAGATTTTCAAATACCCCC In a file like this I want to do the following three search and replace. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)