Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to extract characters between two search words in a script!! Post 302941586 by arjunstarz on Friday 17th of April 2015 01:57:37 PM
Old 04-17-2015
Thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for pulling words of 4 to 7 characters from a file

Even just advice on where to start would be helpful. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azeus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search and extract using wildcards.

Good evening All, I have a perl script to pull out all occurrences of a files beginning with xx and ending in .p. I will then loop through all 1K files in a directory. I can grep for xx*.p files but it gives me the entire line. I wish to output to a single colum with only the hits found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CammyD
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract characters from file name - script

trying to extract the numbers in this file name: fname="ebcdic.f0633.cmp_ebcdic.f0633.bin" fnametmp=${fname#*(V|v|F|f)} parse=${fnametmp%%(ENC|enc|CMP|cmp|BIN|bin)}} echo FLRECL=$parse result is FLRECL=0633.cmp_ebcdic.f0633 expected result FLRECL=0633 my guru is on holiday and i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mambo2523
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with Scripting - trying to search for string and extract next few characters

Hi I am new to world on unix scripting so any assistance would be gratefully appreciated, I am trying to write a script which reads through a file, reads in line by line, searches for a pattern, copies string after it and then to do a search and replace elsehwere in the line, so the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonJ_80
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get characters between two words

Guys, Here is the txt file... SLIC N0SLU704034789 rŒ° EJ00 ó<NL DMRG>11 100 4B 2 SLIC N0SLU704034789 rŒ° TJ10 <4000><NL> 2 SLIC N0SLU704034789 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search and extract the gene sub-location from gff file.

Hi, my problem is that I have two files. File no. 1 is a gff text file (say gi1) that has gene information like : ******************** gene 39389788..39395643 /gene="RPSA" /note="Derived by automated computational analysis using ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reena2305
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Non-root script used search and list specific key words

Hy there all. Im new here. Olso new to terminal & bash, but it seams that for me it's much easyer to undarsatnd scripts than an actual programming language as c or anyother languare for that matter. S-o here is one og my home works s-o to speak. Write a shell script which: -only works as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Crisso2Face
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
Email::Received(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Email::Received(3pm)

NAME
Email::Received - Parse an email Received: header SYNOPSIS
use Email::Received; for ($mail->header("Received")) { my $data = parse_received($_); return "SPAM" if rbl_lookup($data->{ip}); } DESCRIPTION
This module is a Perl Email Project rewrite of SpamAssassin's email header parser. We did this so that the great work they did in analysing pretty much every possible Received header format could be used in applications other than SpamAssassin itself. The module provides one function, "parse_received", which takes a single Received line. It then produces either nothing, if the line is unparsable, a hash reference like this: { reason => "gateway noise" } if the line should be ignored for some good reason, and one like this: { ip => '64.12.136.4', id => '875522', by => 'xxx.com', helo => 'imo-m01.mx.aol.com' } if it parsed the message. Possible keys are: ip rdns helo ident envfrom auth by id RULE FORMAT
Where SpamAssassin used a big static subroutine full of regular expressions to parse the data, we build up a big subroutine full of regular expressions dynamically from a set of rules. The rules are stored at the bottom of this module. The basic format for a rule looks like this: ((var=~)?/REGEXP/)? [ACTION; ]+ The "ACTION" is either "SET variable = $value", "IGNORE "reason"?", "UNPARSABLE" or "DONE". One control structure is provided, which is basically an "if" statement: GIVEN (NOT)? /REGEXP/ { ACTION+ } EXPORT parse_received SEE ALSO
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Metadata::Received, from which the rules and some of the IP address matching constants were blatantly stolen. Thanks, guys, for doing such a comprehensive job! AUTHOR
simon, <simon@> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by simon This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2006-03-24 Email::Received(3pm)