Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail/IN.spam? mail/In.spam_true? Post 302941529 by Don Cragun on Thursday 16th of April 2015 08:21:27 PM
Old 04-16-2015
Not much information to guess at what your problem might be, is there?
  1. What operating system are you using?
  2. What system provides your mail account(s)?
  3. Is the spam that has been redirected into your three spam mail files all from a single mail account? Or, are the three spam files for three different mail accounts?
  4. Is there anything in the mail headers in the mail in those spam mail files that identifies what system, spam detector, or "agent" directed mail to those folders? Could some of the spam be detected by your ISP's mail processing system and some spam be detected by your local mail reading software?
  5. Do timestamps on the messages in those three mail files indicate that all spam was delivered to a single file for a period of time, siwitched to another spam mail file for another period of time, and then switched to the 3rd spam mail file? Or, is mail being directed to all three files during the same time period?
  6. Did you change any mail or spam assassin settings around the time when spam mail started appearing in your three separate spam mail files?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Why are the subjects of deleted mail messages still in Mail Viewing pane?

I was wondering -- when I delete a mail message, I know it goes into the trash, but I've noticed that the subject lines of messages are still in the viewing pane, and I have to delete them as well. Can anyone tell me why this is, and where they are? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using PHP mail function On apache server.?

Hello, I am using centos-6.2 I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system. when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address() but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
RAZOR-CHECK(1p)                                         User Contributed Perl Documentation                                        RAZOR-CHECK(1p)

NAME
"razor-check" - Razor Filtering Agent SYNOPSIS
razor-check [options] [ mail1 [ mail2 .. ] ] $ cat mbox | razor-check $ razor-check ./mbox $ razor-check -d mbox mail.1 mail.2 mail.3 DESCRIPTION
"razor-check" checks a mail against the distributed Razor Catalogue by communicating with a Razor Catalogue Server. It should be invoked before the mail is delivered or processed by a human. "razor-check" terminates with exit value 0 if the signature for the mail is catalogued on the server (spam) or 1 if the mail is not catalogued by the server (not a spam). "razor-check" should be invoked against every incoming mail by mail processors (like procmail) or MTAs (like sendmail). An alternate method would be to call "razor-check" from cron, at regular intervals, to identify and mark spam in queued mailboxes. If "razor-check" is passed more than one mail, it will check each against the database, printing out the serial number of every mail considered to be spam. "razor-check" supports mbox-formatted files with 1 or more mails in them as well as files containing a single RFC 822 (non-mbox) mail. More than one file may be present on the command line, can be either a non-mbox or mbox in any order. However, more than one non-mbox mail cannot be read from stdin. USAGE
"razor-check" is usually run by piping the contents of the mail to it, or by providing the name of the file that contains the mail message to be checked as the last argument. "razor-check" takes the following arguments: "-h" Print a usage message and exit. "-v" Print the version number and exit. "-d | --verbose" Print debugging information. "-debuglevel=n | -dl=n" Set debug level to 'n'. Default is 3 without "-d" option, 9 with. "-whitelist=file" Specify file to use for whitelisting. Overrides 'whitelist' option in "razor-agent.conf". "-s" Simulate a check. Do everything except talk to the server. "-conf=filename" Specifies an alternate configuration file. If not specified, it is computed, see razor-agents(1) manpage for details. See razor-agent.conf(5) manpage for various configuration options. The default is "<razorhome>/razor-agent.conf". "-home=dir" Specify razorhome directory. This is where the configuration file, logfiles, identities, and server files live. If not specified, it is computed, see razor-agents(1) manpage for details. "-logfile=file" Specify file to log to instead of what is in the configuration file. The default is "<razorhome>/razor-agent.log". "-rs=razor.server.com" Use this Razor Catalogue Server instead of reading "servers.catalogue.lst". "-H" Compute and print the signature of the mail contents and exit. If "-e=integer" is not specified, all supported engines will be used. "-S=string" Accept a list of pre-computed (with "-H") signatures on the command line, instead of computing one from mail content. Signatures can be submitted in hex or base64, but base64 is preferred. Requires "-e=integer". Usage: "razor-report -e 1 -S a8a3d545adb73f9733675571ffeaf10cba87745b" "-e=integer" Specify engine used to create signatures. Must be 1, 2, 3, or 4 in this version. Engine 1, or "-e=1", is used for Razor 1.x signatures. Used only with "-S=string" or "-H". "-ep4=string" String used by engine 4 when computing signatures. Published by the Razor Catalogue Servers and updated very frequently. Used only when "-e=4". RECIPES
"razor-check" is usually invoked from procmail(1). Here are some common ways of using it with procmail: To change the "Subject" header if mail is spam: :0 Wc | razor-check :0 Waf | formail -i "Subject: Razor Warning: SPAM/UBE/UCE" To add a "X-Razor2-Warning" header to spam: :0 Wc | razor-check :0 Waf | formail -A "X-Razor2-Warning: SPAM." To file spam in a mailbox :0 Wc | razor-check :0 Wa /home/foo/Mail/razor-caught AUTHORS
Vipul Ved Prakash <mail@vipul.net>, and Chad Norwood <chad@samo.org> SEE ALSO
razor-agents(1), razor-agent.conf(5), razor-admin(1), razor-report(1), razor-revoke(1), razor-whitelist(5) LICENSE
This is free software, distributed under the Artistic License 2.0. perl v5.14.2 2008-07-21 RAZOR-CHECK(1p)