Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Write a while loop inside for loop? Post 302941475 by cjcox on Thursday 16th of April 2015 10:11:28 AM
Old 04-16-2015
There's a special forum section for "homework" style stuff.

When you do move the post there, make sure you put in all the required info and you probably need to provide a bit more detail on your request (e.g. what language you are writing the program in).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop inside while loop

Dear All, i have a awk script where i'm using while loop inside while loop here is the code: awk -v DATE="$CURRDATE" -v -F'@' 'BEGIN { while(( getline < "Merge_Calldet.txt" )) { ARR=$5 LINE=$0 while(( getline < "Merge_Accessnum.txt" )) { TESTSIMENTRY=$1 FILEDATE=$15 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading inside a loop

Hi I am trying read in side a do statement but it is not working it is just printing abc before read but not stopping in abc for user input Can anybody please help #!/usr/bin/ksh cat sample_file | while read ln_source3 do param=`echo $ln_source3 | nawk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to have a for loop inside another for loop?

Is it possible to have a for loop nested inside another for loop? I am trying to run a script against specific files inside a child directory but I can't seem to find a solution that is clean and affect to do it. Here is what I am trying do. I have 2 gzip files in each of the Target Directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using 'su' inside a loop

Hi, I am using su within a for loop. As you might expect, it prompts for password during each loop execution. Here is my piece of code: for i in $LIST do if then DATABASE=`echo $i | awk -F "|" '{ print $1 }'` USER_ID=`echo $i | awk -F "|" '{ print $2 }'` su - apstage -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop inside For loop

I am new to unix and trying to make a script for writing all my command into another file and use that file to run all commands I am trying to use for loop with echo command to generate a command based script for writing the file with all the command sequentially w.r.t for loop. I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

while loop inside a for loop

Hi, I am a newbie and would like to create a shell script that will move one file at a time from one path to another path in the same server. However, the next file should wait until the first file gets deleted by an application. I tried creating the script but right after the first file has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rgomons
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If inside If loop

Hi All, Below is the very simple code snippet but it si giving me syntax error #!/bin/bash #To ensure If JMS directory exists or not ServerName=$(hostname) #To ensure If JMS directory exists or not echo $ServerName if ; then echo "Inside First If" if ; then echo 'JMS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
CURLOPT_POST(3) 					     curl_easy_setopt options						   CURLOPT_POST(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POST - request a HTTP POST SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POST, long post); DESCRIPTION
A parameter set to 1 tells libcurl to do a regular HTTP post. This will also make the library use a "Content-Type: application/x-www-form- urlencoded" header. (This is by far the most commonly used POST method). Use one of CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) or CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS(3) options to specify what data to post and CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CUR- LOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) to set the data size. Optionally, you can provide data to POST using the CURLOPT_READFUNCTION(3) and CURLOPT_READDATA(3) options but then you must make sure to not set CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) to anything but NULL. When providing data with a callback, you must transmit it using chunked transfer-encod- ing or you must set the size of the data with the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) options. To enable chunked encoding, you simply pass in the appropriate Transfer-Encoding header, see the post-callback.c example. You can override the default POST Content-Type: header by setting your own with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). Using POST with HTTP 1.1 implies the use of a "Expect: 100-continue" header. You can disable this header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3) as usual. If you use POST to a HTTP 1.1 server, you can send data without knowing the size before starting the POST if you use chunked encoding. You enable this by adding a header like "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). With HTTP 1.0 or without chunked transfer, you must specify the size in the request. When setting CURLOPT_POST(3) to 1, it will automatically set CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) to 0. If you issue a POST request and then want to make a HEAD or GET using the same re-used handle, you must explicitly set the new request type using CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) or CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3) or similar. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_HTTPPOST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POST(3)