Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep a specific process name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep a specific process name Post 302941214 by seekryts15 on Tuesday 14th of April 2015 04:52:35 AM
Old 04-14-2015
Sorry for not replying sooner. Your suggestion worked perfectly! thank you so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing specific process

Hello, I need to create a process that will kill a specific process if it's running. Let's just say the process is called win, actually called something else. It could be running multiple times on the machine and I would want to kill them all. Below is the code I have written so far, and it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting unix stats for a specific process

Hi, We are trying to run reports to determine what percentage of the physical cpu's are being used by Informix ( oninit ) processes on an Aix5.3 box. Is there any way to do that ? Sar just captures percentages but not by process name Topas allows us to see some of the processes, but even those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwellers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top output for a specific process to a file

Hi, I have the following script, and it is driving me nuts. It just hangs, I've tried all kinds of tricks, but it won't work. I know it can, it is pretty straight forward. It hangs when it tries to output $X Any help appreciated! #!/bin/bash set -o xtrace command="top -b"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the process id and kill all the filtered process

Hi I want to write a shell script which can find the process id's of all the process and kill them eg: ps ax | grep rv_ 3015 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_server 3020 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_gps 3022 ? S 0:00 /home/vivek/Desktop/rv_show ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_naragund
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to kill the specific process

Hi I have the process to kill regulary, but the PSID is dymatic change and not sure how to kill the specific process ID Check the tradekast_rvd is running , if such process, kill the els process id ps -e f |grep tradekast_rvd ps -ef |grep els then I kill els process id ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_user
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a specific process running or not in Unix

I have used ps -ef | grep <process name> to see if the process is still running or not. But, not being able to find anything in particular. Any clue on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haimanti
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ulimit -n for specific process

Hello all, I need to set the ulimit -n for a specific java process we are running. Can someone please verify my syntax. ulimit -n 10000 java com.Company.Application.Application.CustomJavaProcess & (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with kill a specific process after certain running time

Hi, Do anybody experience to write a bash script in order to kill a specific process (java) after certain time of running? eg. java java.jar task_run.txt I will run a java program (java.jar) which will run a long list of process (task_run.txt) one by one. I plan to terminate the java... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Watchdog for a specific process trigger another process

Hi, I am willing to build a script that does a "ps-ef" or "top" on a specific process, and if it finds it running to start another process. Any suggestions to do this in a optimized way? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
2 Replies
cvmkfile(1)                                                        cvmkfile(1)

NAME
cvmkfile - Create a pre-allocated file SYNOPSIS
cvmkfile [-k <key>] [-p] [-s] [-w] [-z] <size>[k|m|g] <filename> DESCRIPTION
cvmkfile can be used to pre-allocate a file on the Xsan volume. This is useful and preferable when preparing a file for use in a real-time or streaming environment as the entire file is represented in only one file system extent. Additionally, a file can be placed onto a specific storage pool by specifying the <key> value, which is used as the affin- ity locator. See cvfs_config(4) for more details about affinities. USAGE
The -k <key> optionally tells the file system where to place the data file. If an Affinity Key is specified, the file is placed on storage pools that are specified to support this key. If there is no storage pool with the key specified, then the file is placed in non-exclusive data pools. If there are no non-exclusive data pools, then ENOSPC (no space) is returned. The -p option forces the allocation and any subsequent expansions to be fitted "perfectly" as multiples of the InodeExpandMin configuration parameter. The allocation extent will always line up on and be a per- fect multiple of the blocks specified in InodeExpandMin. The -s option forces the allocation to line up on the beginning block modulus of the storage pool. This can help performance in situations where the I/O size perfectly spans the width of the storage pool's disks. The -w option sets the file size to be equal to <size>. Without this option the blocks are allocated but the size is set to zero. NOTE: Unless the -z option is used, the new file will contain undefined data. Using the -w option is not recommended unless absolutely needed. The -z option causes the file to be physically zeroed out. This can take a significant amount of time. The <size> argument specifies the number of bytes, kilobytes(k), megabytes(m) or gigabytes(g) to allocate for the file. There is no guarantee that all requested space will be allocated. If there is insufficient contiguous available space to satisfy the requested amount then a "best effort" will be performed. In this case a success value is returned even though not all of the requested amount is allocated to the file. Even though the allocation may not be fully satisfied, if the -w option is specified then the file size will still reflect the requested <size> value. EXAMPLES
Make a file of one gigabyte with zero length. Allocate it on a storage pool that favors the media type 6100_n8. rock # cvmkfile -k 6100_n8 1g foobar SEE ALSO
cvfs_config(4), cvmkdir(1) Xsan File System December 2005 cvmkfile(1)