Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Service memory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Service memory Post 302941207 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 14th of April 2015 01:12:46 AM
Old 04-14-2015
If you give the same option more than once with different option-arguments , most utilities will use the last value given; but that is not universal and there are many exceptions. Look at the java man page on your system to see if it specifies the behavior in this case. If the man page doesn't say anything, you can try various combinations to see if you can figure out whether java on your system takes the first specified value, the last specified value, the highest specified value, the lowest specified value, or refuses to accept conflicting values.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
starting(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       starting(7)

NAME
starting - event signalling that a job is starting SYNOPSIS
starting JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The starting event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when a new instance of a job begins starting. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. init(8) will wait for all services started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue starting. This allows jobs to effectively insert themselves as dependencies of other jobs. The event is typically combined with the stopped(7) event by services. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the starting event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run before another task or service is started might use: start on starting postgresql SEE ALSO
started(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 starting(7)