Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Noexec on /home
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Noexec on /home Post 302940970 by Corona688 on Friday 10th of April 2015 11:28:10 AM
Old 04-10-2015
Hang on, hang on -- they have noexec on home and don't have it on tmp? tmp is world-writable for goodness sake.

I have the opposite situation, noexec on /tmp/, normal home folders. I also have /boot mounted read-only, which was necessary to avoid an injection attack until the real vulnerability was discovered.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

$HOME is not getting it's value.

#!/bin/ksh while read line < elig_jobs.txt do #Gets the field from the elig_jobs.txt file that has the input location path. INPUTD=`echo "$line" | cut -c240-289` (ex: $HOME/2005) echo inputdirectory: $INPUTD (this prints $HOME/2005) I want it to print /data/user/2005... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
4 Replies

2. Solaris

/home cleanup

Hi All, I have this script for linux on cleaning up orphaned folder. But I need to use this on solaris 8/9/10 for user in $(ls | grep -v lost+found) ; do id $user >/dev/null 2>&1 if ] then ls -ld $user grep $user /etc/passwd fi done Can someone please convert this script? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

CRAY comes home for you.....

Isn't it annoying to leave work hanging to the next day because the regular home pc will never have the grunt of your HPC system at work. CRAY have answered someone's prayers ..... Cray Inc., The Supercomputer Company - CX1 Deskside Personal Supercomputer Cheers, Cam :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

6. Programming

how to simulate "mkdir -p /home/blah1/blah2/blah3" in "c" where only /home exist

I'm trying to make use of mkdir(char *pathname, S_IRWXU) to create the directories. but it only creates one directory at a time. so I have to separate the tokens for "/home/blah1/blah2/blah3" as "home blah1 blah2 blah3" using delimiter "/", but it is again hectic to create such directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: platinumedge
8 Replies

7. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

“noexec” and “nosuid”

I would like mimic "noexec” and “nosuid” on /tmp security when its a seperate file system BUT I would like to hang /tmp directly off of / "root". Any suggestions would be helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trscam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging a script with noexec

Newbie question. I cannot get "set -n" or "set -noexec on" to work on Linux or AIX! According to the man page and what I read online, it should inform me of syntax errors without executing commands in your script. So, can someone PLEASE explain why this does not work? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgoyti
2 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -L causes the created home directory to be localized. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X May 31, 2019 Mac OS X