Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bsub command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bsub command Post 302940904 by Max_W on Thursday 9th of April 2015 06:36:37 PM
Old 04-09-2015
Bsub command

Hi everyone,
I must write a Linux script for a biological analysis. I have an example for that which involves the "bsub" and "bsub-o" command, respectively. I cannot find a description for this command. Can you please help me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script to work sequentially with bsub

Hi, I am REALLY a newbie of Unix: hope this question is not too odd. Here is my problem: I have to submit jobs to a remote platform (an IBM BCX/5120). To submit I have tobsub < filename.jcf and the .jcf file has usually the following content: #!/bin/bash #BSUB <commands of the bsub>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Node selection with bsub

Hi! I am currently using the bsub command to submit jobs to a cluster and I need to specify the name of the node to which i want the job sent. What do I add to my .pbs script to specify this? Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mancino
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to #BSUB -n in a LSF file

Hi There! I'm writing this LSF script to make it easier to send jobs to a cluster when varying certain parameters. At one point I'd like to do something like: set NPROC = 10 and later on call BSUB using something like: #BSUB -n $NPROC unfortunately for me, this throws an error: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lrayo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub equivalent of bsub command

"bsub -o /dev/null -P something -q normal -a optimize -n 1 -R \"rusage\ span\\" -J GUISETUP_${PID} \"dc_shell-t -f .dc_script_$job_index.tcl -output_log_file .dc_shell_$job_index.log \"" Can anybody please tell me the qsub equivalent for this command? ---------- Post updated at 06:48 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaudhary3031
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bsub array problem

I'm trying to run some computations on a cluster and have found that a bsub array is what I need.. So I tried running a simple example I found bsub -J "myArray" echo "Job \$LSB_JOBINDEX" This should create 10 jobs that output "Job 1" "Job 2" .. etc. But when I run this from afs space I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ehj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a variable without multiple concats in a perl scripts that makes a bsub?

The red text at the bottom represents the three lines I want to address. I'm dynamically creating a bsub with a perl script and would like to create the fasta_16S variable in a single line....not three. I'm having difficulty in getting the syntax correct. Obviously, there is some confusion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bsub job does not execute the script

Hello, When I'm trying to send bsub job using script that executes fine in command line, I get nothing. I do this for testing purposes, and the script scr_test is just one line: pwd > outfile So when I'm executing it in command line: $ ./scr_test it works fine producing the outfile with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergey Aliev
2 Replies