Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl Post 302940852 by cmccabe on Thursday 9th of April 2015 12:47:23 PM
Old 04-09-2015
If I remove the while , I get the attached output. Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Run perl script in the current process

I have a question regarding running perl in the current process. I shall demonstrate with an example. Look at this. sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ cat test.sh #! /bin/sh cd /etc sh-2.05b$ ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ . ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /etc sh-2.05b$ So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sed in perl!!

Hi, I am facing an issue with sed in perl. I have a file which has 2 header lines and one trailer line. I need to process the file without these headers and trailer. My file looks like : File.txt:- Header1 Header2 data1 data2 trailer For removing header and trailer from file I am using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisharma23
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/Perl help

Some text is like this.... <table>This is first text.</table>mouse <table>This is second text</table>keyboard <table>This is third text</table>Pad I need to insert <a></a> between "mouse","keyboard","Pad". I it possible to do with sed/Perl ? Please help.. The text should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with sed/perl !

In a file the content is 13 box google unix.com "he is google" hello "he is unix.com" - I need to replace each space char with "a" char but not inside the double quoted strings. So, the output must look like, 13aboxagoogleaunix.coma"he is google"ahelloa"he is unix.com"a- I tried with ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

re-Substitution Sed (or Perl)

I have a large text csv file that I'm working with. It will look something like this: D,",E",C O,"F,",I O,gh,R The second column always has a two digit random code (can be numbers, letters or any characters). When one of the characters happens to be a comma, the string is quoted. I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beenny
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed perl??

Hi guys First of all a salute to this wonderful platform which has helped me many a times. Im now faced with something that I cannot solve. I have data like this 11:14:18 0.46975 11:14:18 0.07558 11:14:18 0.00020 11:14:18 0.00120 11:14:18 0.25879 11:14:19 0.00974 11:14:19 0.05656... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl?

trying to write up a script to put the suffix back. heres what I have but can't get it to do anything :( would like it to be name.date.suffix rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024 /mymounts/test1/ /mymounts/test2/ while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmituzas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and egrep in perl

Hi i have a data file whcih contains the data as follows : FH332OY86|AAABBB CCCC DDDA FHLMC 30 8.000|FHLMC|3|30|8.00000000|1986|26.29164289|3.29544844|0.00000000|10.05940539|107.50704264|Mar 8 2013 12:00AM|20130311|D|DA|DAA|DAAC|201302 FH332OY87|AAABBB CCCC DDDA FHLMC 30... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or sed command ?

Hi Guys Am working on a bash script but got stuck, in this line: 32 $configValues = ''; What would be the best command to enter the password between the " Perl or sed ? Been trying with Perl using this command: perl -pi -e 's/''/Seattle#1669!/g'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tox
5 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)