Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with regex containing one string but not the other Post 302940844 by disedorgue on Thursday 9th of April 2015 12:07:29 PM
Old 04-09-2015
Hi, with grep:
Code:
$ cat gr.txt
2015-04-08 19:04:55,926|xxxxxxxxxx|          |foobar|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:42 | yeah
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuzz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
$ grep  -P '\|(?!foobuzz)[^|]*\|[^|]*\|[^|]*\|[^|]*\|UserID1' gr.txt
2015-04-08 19:04:55,926|xxxxxxxxxx|          |foobar|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:42 | yeah
2015-04-08 19:04:56,157|yyyyyyyyyy|          |foobuz|          |INFO |REQUEST|UserID1:23 | ohnooo
$

Regards.
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of regex on grep

having a look on the regex site I saw that characters can be search using hex values http://www.regular-expressions.info/characters.html So I try to use it whith grep to find a è on a string (octal Decimal Hexa : 350 232 E8) but it doesn't work E.g. /usr/bin/echo '\0350' | egrep '\xE8' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep with Regex help!

Hello everybody, I'd like to know how is it I should write a regex in unix to match a string not followed by another string (anywhere in the line). To be more specific, I want to find lines where "drop table" is found, but not followed anywhere in the line by the character "&". For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep and regex

Hi all, I'm a beginner with linux, regex, grep, etc I am trying to get data out of a file that has about 13,000 lines in this format name - location I want to grep all the names out to one file and the locations to another so I can put them into a spreadsheet. Some have hyphenated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: raichlea
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex to match when input is not a certain string (can't use grep -v)

Hey everyone, Basically, all I'm looking for is a way to regex for not a certain string. The regex I'm looking to avoid matching is: D222 i.e. an equivalent of: awk '!/D222/' The problem is that I use this in the following command in a Bash script: ls ${source_directory} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdelok
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering out duplicate substrings, regex string from a string

My input contains a single word lines. From each line data.txt prjtestBlaBlatestBlaBla prjthisBlaBlathisBlaBla prjthatBlaBladpthatBlaBla prjgoodBlaBladpgoodBlaBla prjgood1BlaBla123dpgood1BlaBla123 Desired output --> data_out.txt prjtestBlaBla prjthisBlaBla... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep fixed string with regex

Hello, all! Maybe the title is badly formulated, you can help me with that...! I'm using the GNU grep, and I need to make sure that grep will extract only what I tell it to. I have the following regular expression: *? Well, I need to make sure I grep only a word which may start with a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string with regex numeric characters

Hi all, I have the following entries in a file: Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 The first 2 digits might change so I am after a sort of grep which could find any first 2 digits + the second 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies
RE_COMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							RE_COMP(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - BSD regex functions SYNOPSIS
#define _REGEX_RE_COMP #include <sys/types.h> #include <regex.h> char *re_comp(char *regex); int re_exec(char *string); DESCRIPTION
re_comp() is used to compile the null-terminated regular expression pointed to by regex. The compiled pattern occupies a static area, the pattern buffer, which is overwritten by subsequent use of re_comp(). If regex is NULL, no operation is performed and the pattern buffer's contents are not altered. re_exec() is used to assess whether the null-terminated string pointed to by string matches the previously compiled regex. RETURN VALUE
re_comp() returns NULL on successful compilation of regex otherwise it returns a pointer to an appropriate error message. re_exec() returns 1 for a successful match, zero for failure. CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD. NOTES
These functions are obsolete; the functions documented in regcomp(3) should be used instead. SEE ALSO
regcomp(3), regex(7), GNU regex manual COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1995-07-14 RE_COMP(3)