Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to code every 2 consecutive entries as single entry Post 302940773 by ks_reddy on Thursday 9th of April 2015 02:00:32 AM
Old 04-09-2015
Thanks..

Thanks Don.
Your script works very well, but it won't print the remaining columns it is. I am trying to modify that. Will be great if you have a smarter solution to print $0 as it is in addition to the columns 1(Given column) and 2(Generated Index column).

Regards
Sidda

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Consecutive spaces within input being converted to single space

I'm reading from a file that is semi-colon delimited. One of the fields contains 2 spaces separating the first and last name (4th field in - "JOHN<space><space> DOE"): e.g. TORONTO;ONTARIO;1 YONGE STREET;JOHN DOE;CANADA When I read this record and either echo/print to screen or write to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NinersFan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in SED and AWK so that it treats consecutive delimiters as one

Hi All, I am trying to cut to do a cut operation, but since there are seems to be more than one deltimiters in some occasion I am not able to get the exact field. Can you please provide an SED and AWK script for treating the source file in such a way that all consecutive delimiters are treated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh.su30
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace last instance of . between two consecutive = sign by ,

Suppose you have a line like this: cn=user.blr.ou=blr.india.o=company The line should be converted like this: cn=user.blr,ou=blr.india,o=comapny Was wondering how to do that using shell script. Please use tags where appropriate, thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select entry from consecutive line awk

Hi folks, I have a file with four columns that looks like the following (tab separated) 1 1 1 a 2 2 2 b 3 3 3 c 4 4 4 d I would like to create a file with always 4 columns but where the third entry corresponds to the thirst entry of the next line and so on, to get the following 1 1 2 a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klebsiella
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the time difference between two consecutive line in UNIX perl script

Hi All :o, I have some log files which contains these informations: 2013-04-24 09:11:34.018 INFO XXXXXXXXXXXX 2013-04-24 09:11:34.029 INFO YYYYYYYYYYYY 2013-04-24 09:11:34.039 INFO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 2013-04-24 09:12:21.295 INFO TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 2013-04-24 09:12:21.489 INFO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shariquehabib
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to combine and insert missing consecutive numbers - awk or script?

Hi all, I have two (2) sets of files that are based on some snapshots of database that I want to merge and insert any missing sequential number. Below are example representation of these files: file1: DATE TIME COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 ID 01/10/2013 0800 100 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing 3 consecutive lines from script

Hi I need to remove three consecutive lines of code which appear multiple times during a script. Two of the lines also appear in other parts of the scripts and need to stay so I can't strip out the code per se - It needs to be the exact three lines. Hope that makes sense ! Any help much... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
Alzabo::Index(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Alzabo::Index(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Index - Index objects SYNOPSIS
foreach my $i ($table->indexes) { foreach my $c ($i->columns) { print $c->name; print '(' . $i->prefix($c) . ')' if $i->prefix($c); } } DESCRIPTION
This object represents an index on a table. Indexes consist of columns and optional prefixes for each column. The prefix specifies how many characters of the columns should be indexes (the first X chars). Some RDBMS's do not have a concept of index prefixes. Not all col- umn types are likely to allow prefixes though this depends on the RDBMS. The order of the columns is significant. METHODS
columns Returns an ordered list of the "Alzabo::Column" objects that are being indexed. prefix ("Alzabo::Column" object) A column prefix is, to the best of my knowledge, a MySQL specific concept, and as such cannot be set when using an RDBMSRules module for a different RDBMS. However, it is important enough for MySQL to have the functionality be present. It allows you to specify that the index should only look at a certain portion of a field (the first N characters). This prefix is required to index any sort of BLOB column in MySQL. This method returns the prefix for the column in the index. If there is no prefix for this column in the index, then it returns undef. unique Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a unique index. fulltext Returns a boolean value indicating whether the index is a fulltext index. function For function indexes, this returns the function being indexed. id The id is generated from the table, column and prefix information for the index. This is useful as a canonical name for a hash key, for example. Returns a string that is the id which uniquely identifies the index in this schema. table Returns the "Alzabo::Table" object to which the index belongs. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Index(3pm)