Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Upgrade SCO 5.0.2 Host to Enterprise with license Post 302940601 by jgt on Tuesday 7th of April 2015 12:31:16 PM
Old 04-07-2015
SCO sold upgrade licenses from one release to the next for several hundred dollars. However due to an oversight, you can install any version from 502 to 506 with any license (the only exception is that Compaq had their own series of serial numbers). But when you go to upgrade to 507 or 600, using a 502-506 serial number, SCO knows which version it was originally sold for, and price the upgrade accordingly.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade SCO openserver

Hi guys i have a unix server SCO 5.0.4 and i'm trying to install and intel pro 100 and for some reason it wont see it , i tried to install a 3 com card and same thing. I know that if i had 5.0.6 it will see any of those cards.my questions is ( if i upgrade to 5.0.6 i have a computone card... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

3. SCO

SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 License for Testing

SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 License is required for testing purpose. If anyone have, please help me at the earliest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check the Linux upgrade in the host

Hi, how to check when was the linux upgrade has been done to this host. below command show the RHEL version. cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 6) i want to know when it was upgraded.. is there any command available for that ? or anywhere we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies

6. SCO

Looking to Buy SCO Merge 5.3 License

Xinuos (SCO) discontinued Merge 5.3 on 1.31.16. I'm looking to buy from someone their Merge license. Please contact 1234567@optonline.net (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott Tinker
0 Replies
unattended-upgrade(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     unattended-upgrade(8)

NAME
unattended-upgrade - automatic installation of security (and other) upgrades SYNOPSIS
unattended-upgrade [options] DESCRIPTION
This program can download and install security upgrades automatically and unattended, taking care to only install packages from the config- ured APT source, and checking for dpkg prompts about configuration file changes. All output is logged to /var/log/unattended-ugprades.log. This script is the backend for the APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade option and designed to be run from cron (e.g. via /etc/cron.daily/apt). OPTIONS
unattended-upgrade accepts the following options -h, --help help output -d, --debug extra debug output into /var/log/unattended-upgrades.log --dry-run Just simulate installing updates, do not actually do it CONFIGURATION
The configuration is done via the apt configuration mechanism, the default configuration file can be found at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unat- tended-upgrades AUTHORS
unattended-upgrade is written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> This manual page was originally written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. May 4, 2009 unattended-upgrade(8)