Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 compatibility/ucb install Post 302940567 by Peasant on Tuesday 7th of April 2015 08:06:13 AM
Old 04-07-2015
You will need to download the entire repository from oracle site and setup your own IPS repository server, which will hold packages for both architectures.

Then you will setup a pkg publisher on the clients and be able to install any software you like.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 2.5.1 /usr/ucb/ps truncation problems

we aheva couple of old sun OS boxes, that we are trying to parse /usr/ucb/ps output. However it seems that something is occuring that is causeing th output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxwww" to cut short the process name, whereas "ps -eaf" can display the entire process name. It will work for a while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adralph
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date -d compatibility on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Solaris forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

3. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Clearcase compatibility with Solaris 10

Hi, Is Clearcase version 2002.05.00 is supported and compatible with Solaris10? Cheers, Ankur (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 vs Solaris 10 compatibility issues !

Hello, I recently upgraded our system from Solaris 8 to 10. It seems couple of binaries crashed in the new server Solaris 10. Before digging too much on it , from theory it sounds like any binary that is built on Solaris 8 (using gmake) is supposed to be compatible with Solaris 10 , right ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HW compatibility

Sorry, if this isn't the right forum for this question. I would like to compile an executable with gcc/g++ under Solaris 10 on the following OLDER SPARC-machine and then run this executable on the NEW SPARC-machine (see description down in this post). I'm wondering if it would be possible or if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunfire
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Solaris HW compatibility list

I'm picking HW for my cheap Solaris server and am wondering if there is a decent list of HW compatible with the Solaris OS. The best I could find is this: OTN - Oracle Solaris 11 11/11: Hardware Compatibility List, but it surprises me that only a single motherboard is listed. I am searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Retina display Macbook Pro and Solaris compatibility

Has anyone attempted to install Solaris 11 on a Macbook Pro with the new Retina display? I'm considering setting up a triple boot scenario with Windows 7, Mac OS X and Solaris 11. My goals are to learn the OS better and to gain daily exposure to it by running it as a desktop OS whenever possible. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
11 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)