Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to develop a bash script to create customized report from the server log Post 302940540 by sea on Tuesday 7th of April 2015 04:11:23 AM
Old 04-07-2015
Hi, welcome to the forums.

1. Use Code tags for code blocks
2. Use icode tags for single words.
3. What is your expected output? How shall that rerport look like?
4. What have you tried so far to achieve this yourself?

Have a nice day.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: create a report with grep output?

Greetings. I need to generate a simple report via Bash (Korn?) with this raw data Test_Version=V2.5.2 Test_Version=V2.6.3 Test_Version=V2.4.7 Test_Version=V2.5.2 Test_Version=V2.5.2 Test_Version=V2.5.1 Test_Version=V2.5.0 Test_Version=V2.3.9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to develop a script to create a report reading multiple server logs

I am currently trying to develop a script to connect to mulltiple servers, reading specifc data from log files on the servers and append the data from each file into a single tab delimited row. So, at the end I am planning to have a report with all the extracted data with each row per server. I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingnewbie
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Create a customized ubunto automated installtion cd

Hi 1- I want to create a cd or dvd of ubunto , that include a lot of installed packages entered by me . 2- automated installion (just enter the cd )and install by it self . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashed
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Customized" log rotate script - some advice please

Hi, Am trying to write my own version of a log rotate scripts 'coz I don't have the logrotate for other flavors of *nix servers. Probably should try and download the source and re-compile but our SA don't want to do so. Anyway, just want to know if there is any way to improve on the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

6. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to put customized error report on errpt ?

Hi Gurus, Here is a requirement from my side, i have a script root password expiary, means this script will examine if root password has been expired or not, if it's expired then it will write into a file and mail to certain mail id till here everything is fine. But i want it to write to errpt,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to create customized multipath device

Hi, I am testing on iSCSI + multipath, where i have one iSCSI lun assigned to one server. mpatha (1IET 00010001) dm-2 IET,VIRTUAL-DISK size=100M features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active | `- 2:0:0:1 sda 8:0 active ready running `-+-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Customized boot log messages

Hi all Many years ago, I found online this script that was incredibly funny and I had blogged it Unfortunately because of my poor record-keeping, I seem to have lost the shell script Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to replicate this? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
GEMS-SERVER(1)							gems documentation						    GEMS-SERVER(1)

NAME
gems-server - Transmit a shell session in real time. SYNOPSIS
gems-server [-ip ip] [-port p] [-maxconn n] [-wait m] [-log dest] [-noscript] [-script_bin script] gems-server -h | -v DESCRIPTION
Transmits a shell session to be shown in real time in various different computers or terminals. gems-server transmits data in real time to clients via a network connection. Each one of these clients must run the gems-client(1) program to establish connection and receive the transmitted data. Clients can connect and disconnect at any given time, but of course they will only receive the data that is transmitted while they are connected (just like a radio transmission/reception system). The gems system is normally used to transmit a console session and show it in various computers at the same time, but it is also possible to transmit any other kind of data. OPTIONS
-ip IP address where connections will be accepted. -port TCP port. Default: 6666. -maxconn Do not accept more than n simultaneous clients. Default: 25. -wait Wait until m clients are connected before starting the transmission. This is useful to ensure that the first m clients will receive all data transmitted. The default behavior is to start transmission immediately, without waiting for client connections. -log By default, the server does not write log messages. This option configures the destination of logs. The dest argument can be `sys- log' (to log through syslogd(8)), `stderr' (to log through standard error output), or it can be an arbitrary filename (log messages will be appended to the file, if it exists). -noscript By default, the server executes the script(1) program to take terminal data and transmit it. When this option is used the server will not run script, and data will be read form standard input. -script_bin Specifies the location of the script(1). program. Default: /usr/bin/script. -h Show a short help message. -v Show version information. FILES
/var/lock/gems-server.PORT Lock file. gems-server creates this file on initialization and deletes it on exit. PORT is replaced by the TCP port used. gems- server will not run if this file is already present in the system. AUTHORS
Diego Essaya <dessaya@fi.uba.ar> Emiliano Castagnari <ecastag@fi.uba.ar> SEE ALSO
gems-client(1), script(1), syslogd(8) gems AUGUST 2004 GEMS-SERVER(1)