Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS, AD, AutoFS
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS, AD, AutoFS Post 302940510 by jim mcnamara on Monday 6th of April 2015 04:31:37 PM
Old 04-06-2015
Windows nfs users map to anonymous. THis is a Windows feature.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb463218.aspx

This has a discussion of 'Advanced Mapping' - it shows how to get pete_johnson (windows) mapped to petej on UNIX

I think, but do not know for sure, that this is controllable from the windows side. This article seems to think so.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Autofs

Hi Guys, Autofs works fine on AIX 5.2, but the same thing is not getting mounted automatically on AIX 5.3.. Is there ant difference for autofs confiiguration between 5.2 and 5.3 Thanks & Regards Manu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

2. Solaris

disabling nfs and autofs in solaris 9

Hi, I want to permanently disable nfs and autofs in solaris 9, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

autofs vs nfs

I've a sun server, 3 sun workstations and plan to do backup on certain directory in each workstations monthly. As it's only require to mount as NFS on those workstations once a month. So I plan to configure such requirement using autofs. What are the considerations need to take care in such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

4. Solaris

autofs

hi tell me difference between direct automount and indirect automount. thanks you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Autofs

what are all the advantages of direct map and indirect map in 'AUTOFS' and which one is better for our usage (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Autofs issue

Hi I'm trying to use autofs to mount a directory structure. I have a directory with sub directories in it and all of them mounted on their respective filesystems /dbname /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Home /dbname/oracle00 /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Data00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 7.1 autofs permissions do not match NFS servers

RHEL 7.1 client using autofs to mount a NIS map of home directories being exported by a Solaris 10x86 nfs server. The owner and group are correct on the NFS server, but on the RHEL client, the owner and group end up being nobody nobody. The USERS and GROUPS are NIS maps as well. They are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Autofs problem

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting autofs working on a new install of Scientific Linux 7.2. I have the files /etc/auto.master, /etc/auto/homes and /etc/auto.misc and /auto.direct setup, and they are copies of files on a working SL 6 machine. I can include the contents of the files at the end... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuntWilliamR
0 Replies
XMapWindow()															      XMapWindow()

Name
  XMapWindow - map a window.

Synopsis
  XMapWindow(display, w)
	Display *display;
	Window w;

Arguments
  display  Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

w	   Specifies the ID of the window to be mapped.

Description
  XMapWindow() maps a window, making it eligible for display.  Whether it becomes visible immediately depends on its stacking order among its
  siblings, the mapping status of its ancestors, and the placement of other visible windows.  If all the ancestors are mapped, and it is  not
  obscured by siblings higher in the stacking order, and it is not obscured by unrelated windows (children of ancestors), then the window and
  all of its mapped subwindows are displayed.

Mapping a window that has an unmapped ancestor does not display the window but marks it as eligible for display when its  ancestors  become
  mapped.  Mapping an already mapped window has no effect (it does not raise the window).

If the window becomes viewable and no earlier contents for it are remembered (because of backing store), the X server tiles the window with
  its background.  If the window's background is undefined, the existing screen contents are not altered, and the X server generates zero  or
  more	Expose events.	If backing-store was maintained while the window was unmapped, no Expose events are generated.	If backing-store will
  now be maintained, a full-window exposure is always generated.  Otherwise, only visible regions may be reported.  Similar tiling and	expo-
  sure take place for any newly viewable inferiors.

Note	that for a top-level window, the window manager is likely to intervene and delay the mapping of the window.  The application must not
  draw until it has received an Expose event on the window.  If the window is an InputOutput window, XMapWindow() generates Expose events  on
  each	opaque	window	that  it  causes  to become displayed.	The client should call XSelectInput() for exposure events, then map, and then
  process input events.  The client's normal response to an Expose event should be to repaint the window.  If you fail to wait for the Expose
  event before drawing, the drawing may not appear in the window.

Errors
  BadWindow

See Also
  XMapRaised(), XMapSubwindows(), XUnmapSubwindows(), XUnmapWindow().

Xlib - Window Mapping														      XMapWindow()