Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Parsing based on a character in a specific field Post 302940506 by RudiC on Monday 6th of April 2015 03:09:12 PM
Old 04-06-2015
Try
Code:
awk '!/:/ && $NF~/^\(.*\)$/ {FN=$NF; gsub (/\(|\)/, "", FN)} {print $0 > FN}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a character to the last but one field on a specific line?

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: aaa b c d e f fsss g h i k l qqq r t h n I want: aaa b c d e f fsss g h i k l qqq r t h , n ggg p t e d u qqq i o s , k (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace character based on specific location

Hi, I got long list of reference file (column one is refer to the header in input file; column 2 is info of start position in input file; column 3 is info of end position in input file;) shown as below: read_2 10 15 read_3 5 8 read_1 4 10 . . . Input file (huge file with total... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line based on count of specific character

I'm looking for what I hope might be a one liner along these lines: sed '/a line with more than 3 pipes in it/d' I know how to get the pipe count in a string and store it in a variable, but I'm greedy enough to hope that it's possible via regex in the /.../d context. Am I asking too much? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in file based on specific field

Hi, I have an issue to combine multiple lines of a file. I have records as below. Fields are delimited by TAB. Each lines are ending with a new line char (\n) Input -------- ABC 123456 abcde 987 890456 7890 xyz ght gtuv ABC 5tyin 1234 789 ghty kuio ABC ghty jind 1234 678 ght ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheesh2011
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print with awk specific field different from specific character?

Hello, i need help with awk. I have this file: cat number DirB port 67 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 71 er_enc_out 56 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 74 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 75 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add specific string to last field of each line in perl based on value

I am trying to add a condition to the below perl that will capture the GTtag and place a specific string in the last field of each line. The problem is that the GT value used is not right after the tag rather it is a few fields away. The values should always be 0/1 or 1/2 and are in bold in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific field in file with Variable value based on other Key Word

I have an input file with A=xyz B=pqr I would want the value in Second Field (xyz or pqr) updated with a value present in Shell Variable based on the value passed in the first field. (A or B ) while read line do NEW_VALUE = `some functionality done on $line` If $line=First Field-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotsRules - Parse robots.txt files SYNOPSIS
require WWW::RobotRules; my $robotsrules = new WWW::RobotRules 'MOMspider/1.0'; use LWP::Simple qw(get); $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); # Now we are able to check if a URL is valid for those servers that # we have obtained and parsed "robots.txt" files for. if($robotsrules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses a /robots.txt file as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", described in <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to disallow conforming robots access to parts of their web site. The parsed file is kept in the WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can parse multiple /robots.txt files. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File libwww-perl-5.65 2001-04-20 WWW::RobotRules(3)