Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Prompted for password when reverse SSH connecting Post 302940486 by RudiC on Monday 6th of April 2015 11:53:20 AM
Old 04-06-2015
In your setup, BB is the active part, the client, and AA is sort of server. If you want the roles reversed, you'll need to generate a key pair for AA on AA and store the public key on BB. There's no way around this.
You may want to consider "centralized" authentication like e.g. kerberos, but you'd need to implement it on every single server that you want to access.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Prompted for System Password during login

Hello, I'm new to HP-UX. I have a system running B.11.23 on ia64. The system gets its user passwords via active directory. Everytime a new account is added to AD a script pushes out the account info to all the systems and this system is updated too. However, on this machine, users are unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BFLO
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting other server using ssh!

Hi All, Here i am having a problem in my script....:) i have one script which will connect from my linux box to antoher linux box.. let say...currently i am in 55.23.621.123 and i want to connect to another box which is 55.23.621.118 as we know we can connect using ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a password in the script automatically when prompted?

Hi Friends, We need to create a script which will invoke a command with diffrent parameters. The command invoked needs the password. So how automatically we can enter password in the script to the command? example.: #!/bin/ksh for par in `cat parfile` do # Here is the main command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

4. Linux

connecting to SSH

Well im on Fedora, and theres no sub section for Fedora so yea Well how do you connect to an SSH, while on a windows terminal? And also to transfer a file from my desktop to a server? how is this done scp command is not working for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Connecting via SSH with dynamic IP

My VPN setup requires me to allow users via IP in the firewall, before they can access the VPN via SSH. The problem is that my home IP is dynamic, and I have to re-add it every time I reconnect. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

changing which password is prompted for in sudoers

Basically I only want particular users to know the root password, but I also want power users to be able to run certain commands with root privileges. All admins for this box will be authenticating initially through winbind (I do have a backdoor account in case winbind goes wonky) I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting using ssh

We have 2 different servers say A and B and I want to check the log file of 2 servers simultaneously. If I am logged into server A how can I connect to server B. I have used ssh username@B.But it is asking password. How can I give the password on ssh. Or is there any other utility for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
2 Replies
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	     Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal - Minimal authentication store SYNOPSIS
# you probably just want Store::Minimal under most cases, # but if you insist you can instantiate your own store: use Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal; use Catalyst qw/ Authentication /; __PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::Authentication' => { default_realm => 'members', realms => { members => { credential => { class => 'Password', password_field => 'password', password_type => 'clear' }, store => { class => 'Minimal', users => { bob => { password => "s00p3r", editor => 'yes', roles => [qw/edit delete/], }, william => { password => "s3cr3t", roles => [qw/comment/], } } } } } } ); DESCRIPTION
This authentication store lets you create a very quick and dirty user database in your application's config hash. You will need to include the Authentication plugin, and at least one Credential plugin to use this Store. Credential::Password is reccommended. It's purpose is mainly for testing, and it should probably be replaced by a more "serious" store for production. The hash in the config, as well as the user objects/hashes are freely mutable at runtime. CONFIGURATION
class The classname used for the store. This is part of Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication and is the method by which Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal is loaded as the user store. For this module to be used, this must be set to 'Minimal'. users This is a simple hash of users, the keys are the usenames, and the values are hashrefs containing a password key/value pair, and optionally, a roles/list of role-names pair. If using roles, you will also need to add the Authorization::Roles plugin. See the SYNOPSIS for an example. METHODS
There are no publicly exported routines in the Minimal store (or indeed in most authentication stores) However, below is a description of the routines required by Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication for all authentication stores. new( $config, $app, $realm ) Constructs a new store object, which uses the user element of the supplied config hash ref as it's backing structure. find_user( $authinfo, $c ) Keys the hash by the 'id' or 'username' element in the authinfo hash and returns the user. ... documentation fairy stopped here. ... If the return value is unblessed it will be blessed as Catalyst::Authentication::User::Hash. from_session( $id ) Delegates to "get_user". user_supports( ) Chooses a random user from the hash and delegates to it. get_user( ) Deprecated setup( ) perl v5.14.2 2012-04-14 Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal(3pm)