Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun enterprise 420R boot issue Post 302940475 by kkittu009 on Monday 6th of April 2015 08:31:39 AM
Old 04-06-2015
Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi,
I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying forever and it never comes up.
Boot device is set to net.
By pressing CONTROL+B also not able to get ok prompt.
i could not disable the POST tests by pressing STOP+A.

Can anyone pls help how to change boot device to disk and how to get ok prompt.

Thanks in advance
kk

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Install solaris 2.6 on Enterprise 420R

I am needing to install solaris 2.6 on a Enterprise 420R with 4X450mHz. Documentation says you need Operating Enviroment Installation CD February 2000(704-7076-10). Does anyone know where I can get this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenyart
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sun 420r hme0 not responding

I have a 420r server it boots up all of the network settings are correct, however the machines network connection is not working. Cant ping anything from it, cant ping it from another machine on the network. If I ping 127.0.0.1 it says alive. Is there a chance the network card has been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun ultra enterprise 450 power issue

I've search the forum and came up with someone having the same issue where the power does not going to the main board. I turn the key and nothing, no lights or anything moving. I have another board put it in the same system and it works just fine. Please help, thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console connection enterprise 420r

Hellow, i bought a sun enterprise 420r. I would like to connect to the console for installation of a new operating system (solaris 10) I made a connection from a usb --> com-port --> serial port of the server. I configured my hyperterminal (9600 8n1) and when i connect to my server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chelle007
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Enterprise 420R

I am trying to connect to our Sun Enterprise 420R server via Hyperterminal. Using settings of 9600,n,1,n, I am getting nothing on COM4 (my laptop's ethernet port). I've also tried COM3, COM2, and COM5 - but at least I can type in COM4: the other three I cannot type when trying to connect. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcgranahan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun-Fire V440 boot disk issue

Hi, I have Sun Fire V440. Boot disks are mirrored. system crashed and it's not coming up. Error message is Insufficient metadevice database replicas located. Use Metadb to delete databases which are broken. Boot disks are mirrored and other disks are ZFS configuration. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun Enterprise 3000

I got a coffee table(enterprise 3000) for free from a friend a couple of months ago, and I'm trying to convince it to boot. List of cards 1x Clock Board 1x I/O board 2x CPU Boards 1x SCSI board? It has 2 SCSI headers on it anyway In addition, its HDD rack is almost full of 18GB drives.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpeterson309
3 Replies
KINIT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  KINIT(1)

NAME
kinit -- acquire initial tickets SYNOPSIS
kinit [--afslog] [-c cachename | --cache=cachename] [-f | --no-forwardable] [-t keytabname | --keytab=keytabname] [-l time | --lifetime=time] [-p | --proxiable] [-R | --renew] [--renewable] [-r time | --renewable-life=time] [-S principal | --server=principal] [-s time | --start-time=time] [-k | --use-keytab] [-v | --validate] [-e enctypes | --enctypes=enctypes] [-a addresses | --extra-addresses=addresses] [--password-file=filename] [--fcache-version=version-number] [-A | --no-addresses] [--anonymous] [--enterprise] [--version] [--help] [principal [command]] DESCRIPTION
kinit is used to authenticate to the Kerberos server as principal, or if none is given, a system generated default (typically your login name at the default realm), and acquire a ticket granting ticket that can later be used to obtain tickets for other services. Supported options: -c cachename --cache=cachename The credentials cache to put the acquired ticket in, if other than default. -f --no-forwardable Get ticket that can be forwarded to another host, or if the negative flags use, don't get a forwardable flag. -t keytabname, --keytab=keytabname Don't ask for a password, but instead get the key from the specified keytab. -l time, --lifetime=time Specifies the lifetime of the ticket. The argument can either be in seconds, or a more human readable string like '1h'. -p, --proxiable Request tickets with the proxiable flag set. -R, --renew Try to renew ticket. The ticket must have the 'renewable' flag set, and must not be expired. --renewable The same as --renewable-life, with an infinite time. -r time, --renewable-life=time The max renewable ticket life. -S principal, --server=principal Get a ticket for a service other than krbtgt/LOCAL.REALM. -s time, --start-time=time Obtain a ticket that starts to be valid time (which can really be a generic time specification, like '1h') seconds into the future. -k, --use-keytab The same as --keytab, but with the default keytab name (normally FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab). -v, --validate Try to validate an invalid ticket. -e, --enctypes=enctypes Request tickets with this particular enctype. --password-file=filename read the password from the first line of filename. If the filename is STDIN, the password will be read from the standard input. --fcache-version=version-number Create a credentials cache of version version-number. -a, --extra-addresses=enctypes Adds a set of addresses that will, in addition to the systems local addresses, be put in the ticket. This can be useful if all addresses a client can use can't be automatically figured out. One such example is if the client is behind a firewall. Also set- table via libdefaults/extra_addresses in krb5.conf(5). -A, --no-addresses Request a ticket with no addresses. --anonymous Request an anonymous ticket (which means that the ticket will be issued to an anonymous principal, typically ``anonymous@REALM''). --enterprise Parse principal as a enterprise (KRB5-NT-ENTERPRISE) name. Enterprise names are email like principals that are stored in the name part of the principal, and since there are two @ characters the parser needs to know that the first is not a realm. An example of an enterprise name is ``lha@e.kth.se@KTH.SE'', and this option is usually used with canonicalize so that the principal returned from the KDC will typically be the real principal name. --afslog Gets AFS tickets, converts them to version 4 format, and stores them in the kernel. Only useful if you have AFS. The forwardable, proxiable, ticket_life, and renewable_life options can be set to a default value from the appdefaults section in krb5.conf, see krb5_appdefault(3). If a command is given, kinit will set up new credentials caches, and AFS PAG, and then run the given command. When it finishes the creden- tials will be removed. ENVIRONMENT
KRB5CCNAME Specifies the default credentials cache. KRB5_CONFIG The file name of krb5.conf, the default being /etc/krb5.conf. KRBTKFILE Specifies the Kerberos 4 ticket file to store version 4 tickets in. SEE ALSO
kdestroy(1), klist(1), krb5_appdefault(3), krb5.conf(5) BSD
April 25, 2006 BSD