Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dmesg errors
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Dmesg errors Post 302940412 by sea on Sunday 5th of April 2015 04:03:51 AM
Old 04-05-2015
I'd suggest to boot of a livecd and run a fschk on /dev/sda.
Did you try to mount your partitions using letters instead of numbers?

hth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sun dmesg says

Oct 22 13:40:07 snmpdx: community_check() : bad community from Oct 22 13:40:07 snmpdx: session_open() failed for a pdu received from any help? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dmesg freebsd

hey,i use freeBSD 4.7stable, dmesg returns me a tons of info like: ax R *Handler Int 16 aio_max R *Handler Int 17 aio_prio_delta_max R *Handler Int 18 delaytimer_max R *Handler Int 19 mq_open_max R *Handler Int 20 pagesize R *Handler Int 21 rtsig_max R *Handler Int... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dmesg error

hi, when i do a "dmesg" command, i saw many of this message appeared. Nov 12 07:00:20 catty graph_ftp: graph_ftp ftp faild it seems like it has some problems with my gftp application? pls tell me what's wrong and how to solve it. thanks alot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

dmesg error

Oct 8 05:01:48 servername raid: Sense=7000060000000098000000003FD8000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000008380 00000000000000000000000FF0F053154303338343333353320202020202003010300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

dmesg error ??

Hi all, I have a very weard error message in my dmesg output, and I cannot find the solution in google. Does anyone know what it might be ? Equivalently mapped reserve pool exhausted; Overall application performance may be improved by increasing the "eqmemsize" tunable parameter (currently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidg
3 Replies

6. Slackware

Printer (dmesg) error

I am setting up a printer for a friend. I've built the box using (Gnu/Linux), Slackware-current, Kernel 2.6.7. I have the same setup. Currently the only way I have access to my friends machine is across the Internet via SSH, so I'm unable to manually check cabling at the moment. On my Slackware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locustfurnace
0 Replies

7. Linux

dmesg error

hi all, this is my permenent error.how to clear this error permenently... please help me out. here is my error output. please tell me clearly as i am very new to Linux(beginner) hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error } hda: packet command error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
2 Replies

8. BSD

dmesg giving errors

When running dmesg, the output is a long list of the following: ACPI Error: No object attached to node 0xffffff00016622e0 20090521 exresnte-211 ACPI Error (uteval-0329): Method execution failed (Node 0xffffff00016622e0), AE_AML_NO_OPERAND As a workaround I resort to sysctl, which gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Dmesg with date possible?

Hi there, I miss date information when executing # dmesg Is it possible to add this a date information to my results of # dmesg ? Best wishes (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: System
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

Dmesg with Date and Time

Dear All, I am looking to enable Date and time in dmesg output for for centos 5.8. Unfortunately the current version doesn't support -T option. Also i am looking for solutions which can enable the date& time via kernal or updating the dmesg utility. or maybe via single command line. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
3 Replies
PARTX(8)						       System Administration							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - tell the Linux kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-s] [-t TYPE] [-n M:N] [-] disk partx [-a|-d|-s] [-t TYPE] partition [disk] DESCRIPTION
Given a device or disk-image, partx tries to parse the partition table and list its contents. It optionally adds or removes partitions. The disk argument is optional when a partition argument is provided. To force scanning a partition as if it were a whole disk (for example to list nested subpartitions), use the argument "-". For example: partx --show - /dev/sda3 This will see sda3 as a whole-disk rather than a partition. This is not an fdisk program -- adding and removing partitions does not change the disk, it just tells the kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a, --add Add the specified partitions, or read the disk and add all partitions. -b, --bytes Print the SIZE column in bytes rather than in human-readable format. -d, --delete Delete the specified partitions or all partitions. -g, --noheadings Do not print a header line. -l, --list List the partitions. Note that all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. This output format is DEPRECATED in favour of --show. Don't use it in newly written scripts. -o, --output list Define the output columns to use for --show and --raw output. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get list of all supported columns. -r, --raw Use the raw output format. -s, --show List the partitions. All numbers (except SIZE) are in 512-byte sectors. The output columns can be rearranged with the --output option. -t, --type type Specify the partition table type -- aix, bsd, dos, gpt, mac, minix, sgi, solaris_x86, sun, ultrix or unixware. -n, --nr M:N Specify the range of partitions. For backward compatibility also the format <M-N> is supported. The range may contain negative numbers, for example "--nr :-1" means the last partition, and "--nr -2:-1" means the last two partitions. Supported range specifi- cations are: <M> Specifies just one partition (e.g. --nr 3). <M:> Specifies lower limit only (e.g. --nr 2:). <:N> Specifies upper limit only (e.g. --nr :4). <M:N> or <M-N> Specifies lower and upper limits (e.g. --nr 2:4). EXAMPLES
partx --show /dev/sdb3 partx --show --nr 3 /dev/sdb partx --show /dev/sdb3 /dev/sdb All three commands list partition 3 of /dev/sdb. partx --show - /dev/sdb3 Lists all subpartitions on /dev/sdb3 (the device is used as whole-disk). partx -o START -g --nr 3 /dev/sdb Prints the start sector of partition 5 on /dev/sda without header. partx -o SECTORS,SIZE /dev/sda5 /dev/sda Lists the length in sectors and human-readable size of partition 5 on /dev/sda. partx --add --nr 3:5 /dev/sdd Adds all available partitions from 3 to 5 (inclusive) on /dev/sdd. partx -d --nr :-1 /dev/sdd Removes the last partition on /dev/sdd. SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> The original version was written by Andries E. Brouwer <aeb@cwi.nl>. AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2011 PARTX(8)