Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare files with different names in different directories Post 302940395 by drl on Saturday 4th of April 2015 02:55:50 PM
Old 04-04-2015
Hi.

See find same size file for a demonstration of utilities fdupes and rdfind

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

https://www.unix.com/man-page/debian/1/fdupes/

https://www.unix.com/man-page/debian/1/rdfind/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Names in Different Directories...

I do not know much about shell scripting and need to create a script and I am at a loss. If someone can help me, that would be great!! I have two directories: /dir1 /dir2 I need to get the sequence number which is part of the filename in /dir1 and delete all files in /dir2 that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stky13
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare list [ names and size files ]

Hello, I've downloaded a huge amont of files I've got a list of files from a remote server. -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 453465260 Dec 16 15:54 SATRYS2V1_20021218_temp_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 17669468 Dec 16 18:01 SATRYS2V1_20021225_hdyn_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compare names of files?

hi, can somebody tell me how to compare names of files? the situation is I have 2 files file1 and file2 and I want to figure out which file has the biggest ending, in this case file2 is. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for particular files and compare the file names

Hi, Below are the 2 files in directory /tmp: masterCSF242323.img indexCSF242323.img 1) I want to compare if both the number (242323) are same in both the files. If they are same print - Files matching, else print files do not match. 2) Also if only index file is present in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apatil65
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract function names and directories from php files

I need a script that extracts function names from php files together with their location (path and file in which they are defined). The php files are located in several directories under a base directory. Ideally the output should be something like: "Path/FileName/FunctionName" for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare two files in different directories

Hi all , Can any one give me the solution for below query. I have two files . firstfile: xyz123 abc234 text2456 secondfile (\home\test) xyz123:ram ab34:scrit text2456:maven After you compare the ouput should the the common items in both files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare files in two directories

Hi All, I have two directories that has some files, some of the files are common to both of them like : ls -l dir1 file1 file2 file3 ls -l dir2 file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 Now i want to get the files from dir2 that are not present in dir1 (means i want to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and get only missing names

I need to compare two files (oldfile1 & newfile). Need to ignore the values which are present in both files. At the same time, i need to get only records in new file. Tried using Join -v1 -v2 oldfile1 newfile (suspect it has not worked as expected). could anyone of you please help me here. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files containing package names and version number

I have 2 files each containing a list of same fedora packages but with different version number. I want to compare the 2 files and remove the lines containing a newer or older version number (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asya18
1 Replies
LSATTR(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    LSATTR(1)

NAME
lsattr - list file attributes on a Linux second extended file system SYNOPSIS
lsattr [ -RVadlpv ] [ files... ] DESCRIPTION
lsattr lists the file attributes on a second extended file system. See chattr(1) for a description of the attributes and what they mean. OPTIONS
-R Recursively list attributes of directories and their contents. -V Display the program version. -a List all files in directories, including files that start with `.'. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Print the options using long names instead of single character abbreviations. -p List the file's project number. -v List the file's version/generation number. AUTHOR
lsattr was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. BUGS
There are none :-). AVAILABILITY
lsattr is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
chattr(1) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LSATTR(1)