Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Red Hat using rpm
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Update Red Hat using rpm Post 302940367 by omonoiatis9 on Saturday 4th of April 2015 03:11:49 AM
Old 04-04-2015
yes i think that it can be a lot of work too.
but i dont know how long it will take for the server to have access to internet so i should try to update it until the problem is fixed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat RPM problem

I have my system setup different then the conventional setup: # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hdc2 2.0G 977M 936M 52% / /dev/hdc1 97M 9.0M 83M 10% /boot none 251M 0 251M 0% /dev/shm So when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update Red Hat linux from 4.5 to 5.2.. Please help..

Hi! I have a Red Hat linux 4.5, and need to update it to 5.2. Can someone please help me in the steps that I need to perform. Thanks a lot!! nua7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to locate wwpn on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 7)

I am trying to find out the wwpn on a linux server. I tried using the the commands `datapath query wwpn` and `pcmpath query essmap`. Both of them didnt give me any output. Please check below. # pcmpath query essmap -bash: pcmpath: command not found # datapath query wwpn -bash: datapath:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurasalak
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Does Red hat linux 9 has audit rpm package?

Dear All I have a old system run in Red hat Linux 9.. And if it's possible, I want to install the audit rpm package in the Red hat Linux 9. But I can't find the audit-*.rpm file in the Red hat Linux 9's CD..? Can any help me to conform Red hat Linux 9 doesn't support audit? Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
rpc_use_family_wk(3ncs) 												   rpc_use_family_wk(3ncs)

Name
       rpc_use_family_wk - create a socket with a well-known port for a remote procedure call (RPC) server (server only)

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/rpc.h>

void rpc_$use_family_wk(family, ifspec, sockaddr, slength, status)
       unsigned long family;
       rpc_$if_spec_t *ifspec;
       socket_$addr_t *sockaddr;
       unsigned long *slength;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       family	      The  address  family  of the socket to be created.  This value corresponds to the communications protocol used to access the
		      socket and determines how the sockaddr is expressed.  The value must be one of socket_$unspec or socket_$internet.

ifspec	      The interface that will be registered by the server.  Typically, this parameter is the interface if_spec	generated  by  the
		      NIDL compiler from the interface definition; the well-known port is specified as an interface attribute.

sockaddr       The socket address of the socket on which the server will listen.

slength	      The length, in bytes, of sockaddr.

status	      The  completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it was
		      successful.

Description
       The routine creates a socket that uses the port specified through the if_spec parameter.  Use this routine to create a  socket  only  if  a
       server must listen on a particular well-known port.  Otherwise, use

A  server  listens  on one socket per address family, regardless of how many interfaces that it exports.  Therefore, servers that use well-
       known ports should make this call once per supported address family.

Examples
       The following statement creates the well-known socket identified by for an array processor server:
       rpc_$use_family_wk (socket_$internet, &matrix$if_spec,
			      &sockaddr, &slen, &status);

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

rpc_$cant_create_sock
			   The RPC runtime library was unable to create a socket.

rpc_$not_in_call    An internal error.

rpc_$proto_error    An internal protocol error.

rpc_$too_many_sockets
			   The server is trying to use more than the maximum number of sockets that is allowed; it has called or too many times.

rpc_$bad_pkt	   The server or client has received an ill-formed packet.

rpc_$addr_in_use    The address and port specified in an routine are already in use.  This is caused by multiple calls  to  with  the  same
			   well-known port.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), rpc_use_family(3ncs)

rpc_use_family_wk(3ncs)