Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script running multiple commands at once Post 302940268 by mutley2202 on Thursday 2nd of April 2015 03:22:37 PM
Old 04-02-2015
not sure if i can do that as there multiple arguements defined on command line which require to remain in place.

basically i need this to run
./ssh_run_cmd2.exp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx $log "show association peer-address $ip

along with this (this IP's will be different)
./ssh_run_cmd2.exp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx $log "show association peer-address $ip

but they need to run simultaniously rather than waiting for one to complete and then the other.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Running unix commands within Perl Scripts

I understand that in order to run basic unix commands I would normally type at the prompt, I would have to use the following format system(ls -l); or exec(ls -l); But when I actually try to use the command, the script fails to compile and keeps telling me there is an error with this line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands through perl

Hi all, In the directory '/temp/chris' the following files exist: chris.tar, chris.txt What i am trying to do is to assign the 'chris.tar' filename in an argument through perl, in order to do that i use the system command: $file=system("ls /temp/chris/*.tmp), but in the '$file' the exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a simple script file with multiple commands

I'm trying to run a script file with multiple commands that I would normally type into the command line. The commands are: #!/bin/bash diff Test1.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1.o0 > differences2 diff Test1a.o0 /usr3/ronelso4/Desktop/verificationKPC/Test1a.o0 >> differences2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knelson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands in a perl script

Executing two unix commads via perl script one after another e.g: make clean bsub -i -q short make have tried using exec but the second command doesnt executes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajroshan
1 Replies

6. Programming

Running Multiple Unix commands in qx

Hi All, Is there anything wrong with below syntax? qx {perldoc -v ModuleName.pm | grep -i Description } BTW, this question is related to Perl. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string

Hi, Is there a way in Korn Shell that I can run multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string, e.g., # vs="echo a; echo b;" # $vs a; echo b; I want to be able to store commands in a variable, then run all of it once and pipe the whole output to another program without using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svhyd
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running multiple commands withing su command

RHEL 6.2/Bash shell root user will be executing the below script. It switches to oracle user and expect to do the following things A. Source the environment variables for BATGPRD Database (the file used for sourcing is shown below after the script) B. Shutdown the DB from sqlplus -- The... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check status of long running multiple curl commands in shell script

I am working on script. it reads a file which contains multiple lines Ex; curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=1 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=2 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)