Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Red Hat using rpm
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Update Red Hat using rpm Post 302940211 by omonoiatis9 on Thursday 2nd of April 2015 06:28:51 AM
Old 04-02-2015
Update Red Hat using rpm

Hi to all, I am new in Linux systems so im trying to get familiar with certain procedures. I want to update a Linux machine but i cannot use subscription manager so i want to do it using the
Code:
 rpm

command. How is it possible to see what packages need to be updated? Do i have to check the installed packages one by one to see if there is a new version available? Thank you in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat RPM problem

I have my system setup different then the conventional setup: # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hdc2 2.0G 977M 936M 52% / /dev/hdc1 97M 9.0M 83M 10% /boot none 251M 0 251M 0% /dev/shm So when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update Red Hat linux from 4.5 to 5.2.. Please help..

Hi! I have a Red Hat linux 4.5, and need to update it to 5.2. Can someone please help me in the steps that I need to perform. Thanks a lot!! nua7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to locate wwpn on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 7)

I am trying to find out the wwpn on a linux server. I tried using the the commands `datapath query wwpn` and `pcmpath query essmap`. Both of them didnt give me any output. Please check below. # pcmpath query essmap -bash: pcmpath: command not found # datapath query wwpn -bash: datapath:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurasalak
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Does Red hat linux 9 has audit rpm package?

Dear All I have a old system run in Red hat Linux 9.. And if it's possible, I want to install the audit rpm package in the Red hat Linux 9. But I can't find the audit-*.rpm file in the Red hat Linux 9's CD..? Can any help me to conform Red hat Linux 9 doesn't support audit? Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
RPMKEYS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMKEYS(8)

NAME
rpmkeys - RPM Keyring SYNOPSIS
rpmkeys {--import|--checksig} DESCRIPTION
The general forms of rpm digital signature commands are rpmkeys --import PUBKEY ... rpmkeys {-K|--checksig} PACKAGE_FILE ... The --checksig option checks all the digests and signatures contained in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note that signatures are now verified whenever a package is read, and --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures associated with a package. Digital signatures cannot be verified without a public key. An ASCII armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import. An imported public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is performed exactly like package management. For example, all cur- rently imported public keys can be displayed by: rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be displayed by querying. Here's information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key: rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages. Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmkeys --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMKEYS(8)