Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Red Hat using rpm
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Update Red Hat using rpm Post 302940211 by omonoiatis9 on Thursday 2nd of April 2015 06:28:51 AM
Old 04-02-2015
Update Red Hat using rpm

Hi to all, I am new in Linux systems so im trying to get familiar with certain procedures. I want to update a Linux machine but i cannot use subscription manager so i want to do it using the
Code:
 rpm

command. How is it possible to see what packages need to be updated? Do i have to check the installed packages one by one to see if there is a new version available? Thank you in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat RPM problem

I have my system setup different then the conventional setup: # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hdc2 2.0G 977M 936M 52% / /dev/hdc1 97M 9.0M 83M 10% /boot none 251M 0 251M 0% /dev/shm So when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update Red Hat linux from 4.5 to 5.2.. Please help..

Hi! I have a Red Hat linux 4.5, and need to update it to 5.2. Can someone please help me in the steps that I need to perform. Thanks a lot!! nua7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to locate wwpn on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 7)

I am trying to find out the wwpn on a linux server. I tried using the the commands `datapath query wwpn` and `pcmpath query essmap`. Both of them didnt give me any output. Please check below. # pcmpath query essmap -bash: pcmpath: command not found # datapath query wwpn -bash: datapath:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurasalak
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Does Red hat linux 9 has audit rpm package?

Dear All I have a old system run in Red hat Linux 9.. And if it's possible, I want to install the audit rpm package in the Red hat Linux 9. But I can't find the audit-*.rpm file in the Red hat Linux 9's CD..? Can any help me to conform Red hat Linux 9 doesn't support audit? Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)

NAME
dpkg-checkdeps.rb - Utility to check deb dependency SYNOPSIS
dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] debfile ... dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --from packages pkgname... dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --from --all dpkg-checkdeps.rb [opts] --check pkgname... opts: --to packages --arch arch --verbose -q DESCRIPTION
dpkg-checkdeps.rb checks deb dependency problems when specified deb packages are installed in the target packages list. OPTIONS
-t packages-file --to packages-file Specify target packages-file. If this option is used multiple times, packages lists are appended. If no -t option specified, default is current installed packages list, that is, /var/lib/dpkg/status. -f packages-file --from packages-file Specify source packages-file. If this option is used multiple times, packages lists are appended. If you use this option, you can select packages by package-name, or all of them by --all option. -A --all Select all packages in source packages-file. You must use this option with --from option. -a arch --arch arch Specify acceptable arch in packages-file. Default is installation_architecture of dpkg. -c --check Check selected packages are satisfied by all packages in target packages. -v --verbose Verbose mode -h --help Display some help. EXAMPLES
% dpkg-checkdeps.rb --arch alpha --to '*/binary-$ARCH/Packages' --from ../proposed-updates/Packages' --all % dpkg-checkdeps.rb --to '*/binary-$ARCH/Packages' --check libc6 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs in this program. This checks only depends, recommends and suggests, doesn't check pre-depends and conflicts, yet. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on our own. AUTHOR
Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-CHECKDEPS.RB(1)