Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl command in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl command in bash Post 302940162 by durden_tyler on Wednesday 1st of April 2015 06:25:28 PM
Old 04-01-2015
The code has incorrect syntax so it shouldn't work.
Code:
while (my $row = <FH>) {
      chomp $row; }
      }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mixing Perl with Bash

I am fiddling with a little script that will issue a shutdown command if the temperature on the CPU goes above a certain level. I started writing the script in Bash, and then thought I would like to use Perl to extract the detailed bits, but I am not sure if this is really practical. Basically I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling bash command in perl script

Hi, I have tried several times but failed, I need to call this script from the perl script. This one line script will be sent to /var/tmp/error Bash command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -backstat -l -hoursago 12 |awk '{ print $19, $12, $14, $16}'|grep -vi default|sort >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

7. AIX

Typing "bash" at the command line spawns two bash processes

Server: IBM p770 OS: AIX 6.1 TL5 SP1 When one of our develoeprs types "bash" on the command line to switch shells, it hangs. For some reason, two bash processes are created....the first bash process spawns a second bash process in the same console, causing a hang. Anyone have any idea what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
XkbAddGeomKey(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS						  XkbAddGeomKey(3)

NAME
XkbAddGeomKey - Add one key at the end of an existing row of keys SYNOPSIS
XkbKeyPtr XkbAddGeomKey ( row ) XkbRowPtr row; ARGUMENTS
- row row to be updated DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides functions to add a single new element to the top-level keyboard geometry. In each case the num_ * fields of the corresponding structure is incremented by 1. These functions do not change sz_* unless there is no more room in the array. Some of these functions fill in the values of the element's structure from the arguments. For other functions, you must explicitly write code to fill the structure's elements. The top-level geometry description includes a list of geometry properties. A geometry property associates an arbitrary string with an equally arbitrary name. Programs that display images of keyboards can use geometry properties as hints, but they are not interpreted by Xkb. No other geometry structures refer to geometry properties. Keys are grouped into rows. XkbAddGeomKey adds one key to the end of the specified row. The key is allocated and zeroed. XkbAddGeomKey returns NULL if row is empty or if it was not able to allocate space for the key. To allocate space for an arbitrary number of keys to a row, use XkbAllocGeomKeys. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbKey { /* key in a row */ XkbKeyNameRec name; /* key name */ short gap; /* gap in mm/10 from previous key in row */ unsigned char shape_ndx; /* index of shape for key */ unsigned char color_ndx; /* index of color for key body */ } XkbKeyRec, *XkbKeyPtr; SEE ALSO
XkbAllocGeomKeys(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbAddGeomKey(3)