Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to list files in a directory Post 302940108 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of April 2015 11:38:29 AM
Old 04-01-2015
Do you know what ls -lrt means?

-r: sort reverse
-t: sort by time

So you are sorting a list of one file backwards by time...

find . -ls should show dates, too, it does here, what does it show for you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt

Hi Everybody, I am Unable to view files in a particular directory under /opt. But, when I reboot the server, I am able to view the files.. Its happening daily. Do u 've n e answers/suggestions. Kindly help.. :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: its.simron
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to list the files

Hi, $ ls -ltr *.log Error : argument list too long: ls How to rectify this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy list of files from a keyword list to another directory

Hello, I have a folder with a massive amount of files, and I want to copy out a specific subset of the files to a new directory. I would like to use a text file with the filenames listed, but can't get it to work. The thing I'm hung up on is that the folder names in the path can and do have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to list files in ascending order

Hi ! I am just trying to list my files in ascending order so that in some other software, I just want merge with some modification, when I list its coming like this new-10.txt new-11.txt new-12.txt new-13.txt new-14.txt new-15.txt new-16.txt new-17.txt new-18.txt new-19.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to ssh and list files in local directory from remote.

#!/bin/bash script_work_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_work_area" script_config_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_config" dpi_sourceServerList=$script_config_dir"/dpi_sourceServerList" dpi_srvr_42="rtm@1.1.1.1"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies
AXI-CACHE(1)							   User Commands						      AXI-CACHE(1)

NAME
axi-cache - query the Apt Xapian Index SYNOPSIS
axi-cache [options] command [args] DESCRIPTION
Query the Apt Xapian index. Commands: search commands: axi-cache again [query] repeat the last search, possibly adding query terms axi-cache help show a summary of commands axi-cache info print information about the apt-xapian-index environment axi-cache last [count] show the last results again axi-cache more [count] show more terms from the last search axi-cache rdetails pkgname[s] show details of reverse relationships for the given packages axi-cache search [terms] start a new search apt-cache front-ends: axi-cache depends pkgname[s] run apt-cache depends pkgname[s] axi-cache madison pkgname[s] run apt-cache madison pkgname[s] axi-cache policy pkgname[s] run apt-cache policy pkgname[s] axi-cache rdepends pkgname[s] run apt-cache rdepends pkgname[s] axi-cache show pkgname[s] run apt-cache show pkgname[s] axi-cache showpkg pkgname[s] run apt-cache showpkg pkgname[s] axi-cache showsrc pkgname[s] run apt-cache showsrc pkgname[s] OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -s SORT, --sort=SORT sort by the given value, as listed in /var/lib/apt-xapian-index/values. Add a '-' to reverse sort order --tags show matching tags, rather than packages --tabcomplete=TYPE suggest words for tab completion of the current command line (type is 'plain' or 'partial') --last use 'show --last' to limit tab completion to only the packages from the last search results --all disable pagination and always show all results. Note that search results are normally sorted by relevance, so you may find meaning- less results at the end of the output axi-cache 0.45 December 2011 AXI-CACHE(1)