Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tablespace growth trend
Top Forums Programming Tablespace growth trend Post 302939934 by navsan420 on Tuesday 31st of March 2015 04:37:54 AM
Old 03-31-2015
Tablespace growth trend

Hi experts,

I have the below details with me.How to calculate the tablespace growth between two dates.

sample data(have data upto 1 year):
HTML Code:
INSTANCE_NAME      DATE     TABLESPACE_NAME      MB_ALLOC  MB_FREE     MB_USED   PCT_FREE   PCT_USED    MAX
---------------- --------- -------------------    ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------  --------    ----
ORCL1          28-AUG-14 CUSTOM_TBL               1024       1017.38       6.63      99.35        .65       1024
ORCL3          28-AUG-14 SYSTEM                   1200        277.94     922.06      23.16      76.84       1200
ORCL1          28-AUG-14 USER_IDX                 11000      3159.56    7840.44      28.72      71.28      11000
ORCL2          28-AUG-14 USER_01_TBL              41000      7440.88   33559.13      18.15      81.85      41000

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find the tablespace size in oracle.

Hi, I need to execute a script to find the tablespace size in oracle.But i get an error.:confused: Script Executed:- #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID= oracelinstance ORACLE_HOME= oracle path PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME PATH sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vighna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in script path for tablespace usage

Hi , I am trying to run this script in crontab but I get errors. When I run it explicitly like ./monitor_tblsp from another location then it runs fine . I am messing somewhere with paths but I don't know where and how . Please help . Here is the error part ./monitor_tblsp: touch: not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias to a shell script - tablespace size

I have developed the following shell script. The idea was to create an alias to execute it and return the tablespaces and their sizes from an oracle database. When I execute is via the alias, I have issues. So, here is the script first: > cat ts_size.sh #!/bin/ksh xwhere=" " xwild=" "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tablespace monitoring script

I have prepared the below script to monitor the tablespace and alert the users whenever it reaches a threshold limit. #!/bin/sh . /home/.profile sqlplus -s $LOGON << .eof > $scripts/check_tablespace.temp set pages 0 select tablespace_name, free_percent from ( SELECT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check Oracle tablespace

I'm new to unix script, and I need to check the tablespaces daily, here is the script(quite simple), but it does not work. Did I missed something ? Please guide me, Many thanks ! #!/bin/sh echo "ORA TABLEASPACE:" sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba; set pagesize 9999; set linesize 132; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Scripting to monitor tablespace in Oracle DB

Buddies, I am writing the below script 'tab.sh' to monitor the tablespaces in Database:- ------------------------------- export ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2 export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID=orcl sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba <<EOF spool... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
5 Replies
DROP 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLESPACE(7) NAME
DROP TABLESPACE - remove a tablespace SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLESPACE [ IF EXISTS ] tablespacename DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLESPACE removes a tablespace from the system. A tablespace can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. The tablespace must be empty of all database objects before it can be dropped. It is possible that objects in other databases might still reside in the tablespace even if no objects in the current database are using the tablespace. Also, if the tablespace is listed in the temp_tablespaces setting of any active session, the DROP might fail due to temporary files residing in the tablespace. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the tablespace does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. tablespacename The name of a tablespace. NOTES
DROP TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
To remove tablespace mystuff from the system: DROP TABLESPACE mystuff; COMPATIBILITY
DROP TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLESPACE(7)