Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set colorscheme for a shell while/after logging in? Post 302939901 by Ariean on Monday 30th of March 2015 06:12:01 PM
Old 03-30-2015
sorry i don't think i understand the solution you are proposing for my question.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging in Shell script

How to I write to a log file all the output that is displaying on the screen? with time stamp. thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
3 Replies

2. Solaris

shell command logging

Does anyone have a simple method of logging all shell commands typed by a user (csh in our case)? - I could enable auditing, but this would be overkill - I could enable process accounting, but AFAIK, this does not log arguments Thanks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minkie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim colorscheme info

I wanted to point this out. It took me a long time figure out how to find what color schemes I have. How to use a vi color scheme | vi vim color scheme colorscheme | devdaily.com I recommend just using this command. Every system that I have tried has desert.vim so that is why I searched for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. SuSE

How to change default vi colorscheme without root access

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v11 Hi guys, I don't have root access. So, I can't change the default colorscheme for my vim editor. I do have an environment variable for my id that says: EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi export EDITOR I tried adding /usr/share/vim/vim72/colors/desert.vim to it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexter126
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging in to the GUI from the shell

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server running GNOME shell,that I occassionly have to remotely access to perform some maintenance. I usually vpnc into the network and then simply use vncviewer to access the Gnome GUI desktop for testing,given that the account is logged in. The other day I had to reboot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging into device with other set of credentials

If I run the below code... it will login into the router and then changes to privilege mode and then stores the running configuration information to an array. In this program, I have included the username and password . In case the username and password is wrong.. it will re login for 2 times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login with other set of credentials while remote logging?

Below is the code. I need to login into the router if the 1st set of credentials are correct.. if wrong... then it has to check with 2nd set of credentials.. => if the credentials are correct... then it should continue.. => if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
tk_setPalette(n)					       Tk Built-In Commands						  tk_setPalette(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_setPalette, tk_bisque - Modify the Tk color palette SYNOPSIS
tk_setPalette background tk_setPalette name value ?name value ...? tk_bisque _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The tk_setPalette procedure changes the color scheme for Tk. It does this by modifying the colors of existing widgets and by changing the option database so that future widgets will use the new color scheme. If tk_setPalette is invoked with a single argument, the argument is the name of a color to use as the normal background color; tk_setPalette will compute a complete color palette from this background color. Alternatively, the arguments to tk_setPalette may consist of any number of name-value pairs, where the first argument of the pair is the name of an option in the Tk option database and the second argument is the new value to use for that option. The following database names are currently supported: activeBackground foregroundselectColor activeForeground highlightBackgroundselectBack- ground background highlightColor selectForeground disabledForeground insertBackgroundtroughColor tk_setPalette tries to compute reasonable defaults for any options that you do not specify. You can specify options other than the above ones and Tk will change those options on widgets as well. This feature may be useful if you are using custom widgets with additional color options. Once it has computed the new value to use for each of the color options, tk_setPalette scans the widget hierarchy to modify the options of all existing widgets. For each widget, it checks to see if any of the above options is defined for the widget. If so, and if the option's current value is the default, then the value is changed; if the option has a value other than the default, tk_setPalette will not change it. The default for an option is the one provided by the widget ([lindex [$w configure $option] 3]) unless tk_setPalette has been run pre- viously, in which case it is the value specified in the previous invocation of tk_setPalette. After modifying all the widgets in the application, tk_setPalette adds options to the option database to change the defaults for widgets created in the future. The new options are added at priority widgetDefault, so they will be overridden by options from the .Xdefaults file or options specified on the command-line that creates a widget. The procedure tk_bisque is provided for backward compatibility: it restores the application's colors to the light brown ("bisque") color scheme used in Tk 3.6 and earlier versions. KEYWORDS
bisque, color, palette Tk 4.0 tk_setPalette(n)