Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set colorscheme for a shell while/after logging in? Post 302939899 by cjcox on Monday 30th of March 2015 05:43:56 PM
Old 03-30-2015
Usually, the interpretation of color is done by the terminal emulator (konsole, gnome-terminal, etc.). So usually that's a setting of those programs. There is also a way to set the color palette for vt's as well.

Does that make sense?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging in Shell script

How to I write to a log file all the output that is displaying on the screen? with time stamp. thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
3 Replies

2. Solaris

shell command logging

Does anyone have a simple method of logging all shell commands typed by a user (csh in our case)? - I could enable auditing, but this would be overkill - I could enable process accounting, but AFAIK, this does not log arguments Thanks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minkie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim colorscheme info

I wanted to point this out. It took me a long time figure out how to find what color schemes I have. How to use a vi color scheme | vi vim color scheme colorscheme | devdaily.com I recommend just using this command. Every system that I have tried has desert.vim so that is why I searched for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. SuSE

How to change default vi colorscheme without root access

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v11 Hi guys, I don't have root access. So, I can't change the default colorscheme for my vim editor. I do have an environment variable for my id that says: EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi export EDITOR I tried adding /usr/share/vim/vim72/colors/desert.vim to it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexter126
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging in to the GUI from the shell

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server running GNOME shell,that I occassionly have to remotely access to perform some maintenance. I usually vpnc into the network and then simply use vncviewer to access the Gnome GUI desktop for testing,given that the account is logged in. The other day I had to reboot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging into device with other set of credentials

If I run the below code... it will login into the router and then changes to privilege mode and then stores the running configuration information to an array. In this program, I have included the username and password . In case the username and password is wrong.. it will re login for 2 times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login with other set of credentials while remote logging?

Below is the code. I need to login into the router if the 1st set of credentials are correct.. if wrong... then it has to check with 2nd set of credentials.. => if the credentials are correct... then it should continue.. => if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
AGAVE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AGAVE(1)

NAME
Agave - colorscheme designer for the gnome desktop SYNOPSIS
agave [options] DESCRIPTION
Agave is a program for generating colorschemes from a starting color. It currently supports five different colorscheme types: * Complements: The starting color and the color directly across the color wheel * Split Complements: the starting color and the two colors that are slightly offset from the color directly across the color wheel * Triads: the starting color and the two colors 1/3 of the way around the wheel in each direction. * Tetrads: The starting color and its complement plus another color slightly offset from the starting color and _its_ complement * Analogous: The starting color and two colors slightly offset in hue * Monochromatic: The starting color and two other colors of the same hue, one lighter, and one darker Using Agave * Choose a starting color by clicking on the color button or selecting a color from the palette, and then select a scheme type from the combo box. The generated scheme will be displayed in the main window. * The left-most Color in the main window is the currently-selected color. This color can be added to your favorites list with the '+' button in the bottom right, or with the keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+D'. * To make one of the other colors in the scheme the currently-selected color, you can double-click the colorswatch. * To copy a hexstring representation of the color (e.g. #FFFFFF) to the clipboard, right-click the colorswatch and select the 'copy' menu item. OPTIONS
Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options GTK+ Options --class=CLASS Program class as used by the window manager --name=NAME Program name as used by the window manager --screen=SCREEN X screen to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --gtk-module=MODULES Load additional GTK+ modules --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Application Options: -d, --debug Enable Debugging output --display=DISPLAY X display to use AUTHOR
Agave was written by Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon.jongsma@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Varun Hiremath <varunhiremath@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 25, 2006 AGAVE(1)