Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs? Post 302939891 by c3rb3rus on Monday 30th of March 2015 04:20:15 PM
Old 03-30-2015
Thanks for this, I was under some time pressure and I ended up going with the SDDpcm drivers for the SAN hdisks as suggested by IBM TS and things are looking good so far.. I left the other parameters such as the load balancing policy all to the defaults.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Need an AIX system to practice on for genfilt

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get an AIX system to experiment with? It's easy to learn Linux because it's readily available and can be installed just about anywhere, but it looks like AIX requires proprietary hardware. My end goal is to test the behavior of packet filtering rules... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purefinity
4 Replies

2. AIX

Patching AIX - best practice? how to? anything?

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain the best practice for keeping an AIX environment up to date? I have 12 AIX LPARs and a whole slew of vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities vary from OS issues to WebSphere/MQ issues and more. I went through all of them and created a list of APARs I need to apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

3. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

4. AIX

LUNS in AIX

Hi team, 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX practice

Dears, Kindly as preparing to get AIX certification I'd like to have your guide & support where can I find dump or exam forms for below :- Test 000-103: AIX 6.1 Basic Operations Test 000-221: AIX 7 Administration I want to look at real questions and try to solve it , is it possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arm
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Where to get AIX box/servers for practice?

where I'm working does not have any AIX box/servers for testing eventhough we're not heavily invested on UNIX. It is just sometimes there are a few client's servers that need AIX related stuff to be done. last time I checked, I could find old AIX tower on ebay but there's no more. p/s: on job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
4 Replies

7. AIX

[TIP] Migration to POWER8

Read "Migration to POWER8" article to get prepared for migration to POWER8: link removed, advertisement (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pave01
0 Replies

8. AIX

New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config?

Hello, Got a IBM Power8 box (S822) that I am configuring for replacement of our existing IBM machine. Wanted to touch base with the expert community here to ensure I don't miss anything critical in my setup/config of AIX. Did a fresh AIX 7.1 install on the internal scsi hdisk, mirror'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

9. AIX

Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX

i have directly connect AIX pwer 7 to lenovo v3700 v2 without San through fiber card. but i cannot see the WWPN to add AIX as host in management console. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
10 Replies
MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)

NAME
memory_pressure -- Tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system. SYNOPSIS
memory_pressure [-l level] | [-p percent_free] | [-S -l level] OPTIONS
-l <level> Apply real or simulate memory pressure (if specified alongside simulate argument) on the system till low memory notifications cor- responding to <level> are generated. Supported values are "warn" and "critical". -p <percent_free> Allocate memory till the available memory in the system is <percent_free> of total memory. If the percentage of available memory to total memory on the system drops, the tool will free memory till either the desired percentage is achieved or it runs out of memory to free. -S Simulate memory pressure on the system by placing it artificially for <sleep_seconds> duration at the "warn" or "critical" level. -s <sleep_seconds> Duration to wait before allocating or freeing memory if applying real pressure. In case of simulating memory pressure, this is the duration the system will be maintained at an artifical memory level. DESCRIPTION
A tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system SEE ALSO
vm_stat(1) Mac OS X Mar 7, 2013 Mac OS X