Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to find last column Post 302939777 by durden_tyler on Saturday 28th of March 2015 09:48:11 PM
Old 03-28-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar_1986
i want to paste my text after this column A50 in column A51 but this column is variable it may change

Code:
$worksheet1->merge_range('A51:G51',"New data to be pasted here",$format10);

The range for merge_range() does not have to be hard-coded.
If you can derive the value 51 from your data, then you can create the first argument of merge_range() dynamically and pass that to the method.

Code:
$range = "A".$last_col.":G".$last_col;  # $last_col = 51
$worksheet1->merge_range($range, "New data to be pasted here", $format10);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare first column of two files and find difference

Hi, I want to write a script which will compare the 1st column of both the files and will give the difference. e.g:- my 1st file contains: 89 /usr 52 /usr/local 36 /tmp 92 /opt 96 /home 27 /etc/opt/EMCom 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows??

Hi friends I have 100 files in my directory. Each file look like this.. Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 MAS 1 2 3 MAS 4 5 6 MAS 7 8 9 Delhi 10 11 12 Delhi 13 14 15 Delhi 16 17 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to write a script on column separation for syslog output in perl

HI Pros, I have a issue.I need to write a script to parse the logs got from syslog server and update the same in my database.I need the following output.I donot know perl and I heard it very easy to write in perl I have the sample log I need each column seperated by commas and all equals... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows?

Hi Friends, In continuation to my earlier post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/99166-script-find-average-given-column-also-specified-number-rows.html I am extending my problem as follows. Input: Column1 Column2 MAS 1 MAS 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the first column in listed files > PERL script

Hi All, Using this command wc -l *e* > create2.txt i'm getting the following output >>>create2.txt listed output files, my requirement is how to cut the first coloum in all the files mentioned in create2.txt in perl. 50 allignment.pl 3 create.txt 4 application.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adaleru
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find difference between 2 files by column

Hi , i am newbie to shell scripting and am trying to do the below job, A shell script to be run with a command like sh Compare.ksh file1.txt file2.txt 1 2 > file3.txt 1 2-are the key columns Consider the delimiter would be Tab or comma File 1: SK TEST NAME MATHS PHYSICS 21 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakthi666
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script to find difference between 2 files by column

Hi , i am newbie to shell scripting and am trying to do the below job, A shell script to be run with a command like sh Compare.ksh file1.txt file2.txt 1 2 > file3.txt 1 2-are the key columns Consider the delimiter would be Tab or comma File 1: SK TEST NAME MATHS PHYSICS 21 1 AAA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakthi666
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find and add to column

Hi, Could you help me with script in perl ;A1;AAA;%/A/B;70;75;-; ;A1;AAA;%/A/C;70;75;-; ;A1;BBB;%/A/G;70;75;-; ;A1;BBB;%/A;70;75;-;I would like to find line with '%/A' and put in that line in column 5 and 6 some other value ex: 90 and 99 example output: ;A1;AAA;%/A/B;70;75;-;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
5 Replies
Pod(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Pod(3)

NAME
Gimp::Pod - Evaluate pod documentation embedded in scripts. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp::Pod; $pod = new Gimp::Pod; $text = $pod->format (); $html = $pod->format ('html'); $synopsis = $pod->section ('SYNOPSIS'); $author = $pod->author; @sections = $pod->sections; DESCRIPTION
"Gimp::Pod" can be used to find and parse embedded pod documentation in gimp-perl scripts. At the moment only the formatted text can be fetched, future versions might have more interesting features. METHODS
new return a new Gimp::Pod object representing the current script or undef, if an error occured. format([$format]) Returns the embedded pod documentation in the given format, or undef if no documentation can be found. Format can be one of 'text', 'html', 'man' or 'latex'. If none is specified, 'text' is assumed. section($header) Tries to retrieve the section with the header $header. There is no trailing newline on the returned string, which may be undef in case the section can't be found. author blurb description copyright Tries to retrieve fields suitable for calls to the register function. sections Returns a list of paragraphs found in the pod. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp(1), perl v5.8.0 2001-12-06 Pod(3)