Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash/awk script problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash/awk script problem Post 302939774 by dsp80 on Saturday 28th of March 2015 09:02:06 PM
Old 03-28-2015
Hi Sea,

Can you please elaborate..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script problem

hi I am writing a bash script that uses dialog to get user input an diplay messages to user. I have a small problem dialog --inputbox "blabla" 20 50 2> /tmp/output VAR="'cat /tmp/output'" mkdir $VAR the code below requests user for a directory path to be created. But, if the user uses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash or awk script to solve this problem

Hi everybody! I have written some awk scripts that return me some results I need to process. At the moment I use openOffice to process them, but I am trying to find a more efficient solution using possibly a bash or awk script. I have two files, file1 is in the format: time position ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in bash script

I have written a script and I get error and I don't understand why. neededParameters=2 numOfParameters=0 correctNum=0 while getopts "s:l:" opt do case "$opt" in s) serviceName= $OPTARG #errorline 1 numOfParameters= $numOfParameters + 1 ;; l) ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a bash script problem

hi to everyone :) i am new to linux and bash and i am trying to build a bash script, that is quite similar to the well known cmd 'split' ... ;) it is now already "working" ... i can use it like: ./splitfix.sh -v -s 10 foo ./splitfix.sh -s 10 -v foo ./splitfix.sh -s 10 foo ./splitfix.sh -v... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drjodo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: How to convert this bash+awk script in awk script only?

This is the final first release of the dynamic menu generator for pekwm (WM). #!/bin/bash function param_val { awk "/^${1}=/{gsub(/^${1}="'/,""); print; exit}' $2 } echo "Dynamic {" for CF in `ls -c1 /usr/share/applications/*.desktop` do name=$(param_val Name $CF) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Bash Script.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and to the Bash coding scene. I have the following code paths=/test/a paths=/test/b keywords=\"*car*\" keywords=\"*food*\" for file in `find paths -type f -ctime -1 -name keywords -print 2>/dev/null` do #.... do stuff here for every $file found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script problem

Hi, Below is my bash script: cat run_all.sh if && ; then Number_Count_Program $1.results $2.results > $1.$2.counts else Number_Split_Program $1.results $2.results > $1.$2.split fi After I run the following command: ./run_all.sh A B ./run_all.sh: line 1: Anybody advice to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New problem with awk using bash

Hi! I have a new problem with awk, this time I think is because I'm using it in bash and I don't know how to put the valor of the variable in awk. Here is the code: #!/bin/bash for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do a=$i b=$ awk '$1>=a&&$1<=b {print $1,$2,$3}'>asdf test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: florpi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk instructions and bash variable

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write a small script to automatize row data treatment. However, I got some trouble with the awk command. I want to use awk to extract a define paragraph from a text file. The first and final lines are defined externally in two variables called debut and fin. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeaTimeSF
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide     CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource SYNOPSIS
### elaborate help text CPAN Terminal> /? cs ### add a new custom source CPAN Terminal> /cs --add file:///path/to/releases ### list all your custom sources by CPAN Terminal> /cs --list ### display the contents of a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents 1 ### Update a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --update file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --update 1 ### Remove a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove 1 ### Write an index file for a custom source, to share ### with 3rd parties or remote users CPAN Terminal> /cs --write file:///path/to/releases ### Make sure to save your sources when adding/removing ### sources, so your changes are reflected in the cache: CPAN Terminal> x DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that can add custom sources to your CPANPLUS installation. This is a wrapper around the "custom module sources" code as outlined in "CUSTOM MODULE SOURCES" in CPANPLUS::Backend. This allows you to extend your index of available modules beyond what's available on "CPAN" with your own local distributions, or ones offered by third parties. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3pm)