Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can we add multiple groups to a directory or a file ? Post 302939695 by aaron8667 on Friday 27th of March 2015 05:12:56 PM
Old 03-27-2015
nope...we've other user's too. I do not want to change the ownership from root. is there any other way ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Removing user from multiple groups via command line

Want to know if any, a command line parameter(s) of removing a user from multiple groups without using any ineractive application? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jquizon62
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file in multiple Directory in a script

hi, i want to write the script to list atleast one file inside that directory eg: /home/Log/amp01 /home/log/amp02 . . . /home/log/amp..N want to see atleast one file inside the /home/log/amp01 .... amp(N) if it not there.. need to give that no file exists inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two groups with permission on one directory

Hi, I have a directory that needs to be accessed by the members of two groups: group1 needs rw access group2 needs only r access others should have no rights I must be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to do it! Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StephenJH
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add user to multiple groups

hi all i am new to solaris how to add a user to multiple(secondary) groups. user :anna Groups : delhi ,mumbai,pune i need like this in cat /etc/group delhi::anna mumbai::anna pune::anna i tried using usermod -a -G hyd anna that does int work how to delete user from group... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple groups in directory / file permissions

Hi I need to permit one group to have r-x permissions on all files in a directory and another group to have just read access, im confused how to do this as if i set the 'Other' permission class as read access then all users will have access to them. So basically i have a directory which the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple file names in a directory

I hope some one can help me I have multiple files in a directory with out extension like as below mentioned. But i want to change all the file names along .DDMMYYYYHHMISS format. And all files should have same DDMMYYYYHHMISS. Scenario: direcory name = /vol/best/srcfiles files in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hari001
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies
REASSIGN 
OWNED(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation REASSIGN OWNED(7) NAME
REASSIGN_OWNED - change the ownership of database objects owned by a database role SYNOPSIS
REASSIGN OWNED BY old_role [, ...] TO new_role DESCRIPTION
REASSIGN OWNED instructs the system to change the ownership of the database objects owned by one of the old_roles, to new_role. PARAMETERS
old_role The name of a role. The ownership of all the objects in the current database owned by this role will be reassigned to new_role. new_role The name of the role that will be made the new owner of the affected objects. NOTES
REASSIGN OWNED is often used to prepare for the removal of one or more roles. Because REASSIGN OWNED only affects the objects in the current database, it is usually necessary to execute this command in each database that contains objects owned by a role that is to be removed. REASSIGN OWNED requires privileges on both the source role(s) and the target role. The DROP OWNED (DROP_OWNED(7)) command is an alternative that drops all the database objects owned by one or more roles. Note also that DROP OWNED requires privileges only on the source role(s). The REASSIGN OWNED command does not affect the privileges granted to the old_roles in objects that are not owned by them. Use DROP OWNED to revoke those privileges. The REASSIGN OWNED command does not affect the ownership of any databases owned by the role. Use ALTER DATABASE (ALTER_DATABASE(7)) to reassign that ownership. COMPATIBILITY
The REASSIGN OWNED statement is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
DROP OWNED (DROP_OWNED(7)), DROP ROLE (DROP_ROLE(7)), ALTER DATABASE (ALTER_DATABASE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 REASSIGN OWNED(7)