Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to fetch all running services on HP-UX? Post 302939638 by MadeInGermany on Friday 27th of March 2015 10:13:17 AM
Old 03-27-2015
I have refined my script, comments are now excluded from the search.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for administration tool to check if services are running

Hi! We are having problems with our unix servers (SunOS 5.9) that services for some of our applications are continuously going down. (this is more due to the applications installed than the UNIX OS). What I am looking for is some kind of administrative tool where I can set what service to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erinor
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List services running in UNIX

We have lost our Sys Admin and with the DST changes.. i need to make sure all services are re-started on a SUN server running SUNOS 5.9 How can i list what is running and make sure they are running after the DST patches are applied? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JanSP
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running services, how to disable some?

Hello all happy people! :) Iam trying to figure out how to disable running services, and witch i can disable. Iam running ssh,apache,ftp and identd. Here is an output from nmap: 21/tcp open ftp Solaris ftpd 22/tcp open ssh SunSSH 1.1 (protocol 2.0) 23/tcp ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: empty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch running/failed process

I am trying to fetch failed process but while doing that unable to do so. like; (1)ps -ef | grep snmpCollect o/p is coming like - root 12423 4393 1 19:44:06 pts/0 0:00 grep snmpCollect (2)ps -ef | grep sttps o/p- root 15517 4393 0 19:53:24 pts/0 0:00 grep sttps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarabhi84
6 Replies

5. Programming

Fetch running applications list in Linux

Hi, I need to write a code which will fetch all the application activity on user computers including app name, time of day, duration, version, etc. Using this I need to know which applications are running currently in user's computers. How can it be done programmatically? I need to write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunarora
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Which command can be used to show running services?

Hi Dear Guys: I want to get a list of running services. Is there any command having this functionality? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

detecting the running services

I did search on the subject on services in linux and they do explain how to find what are the services that loaded when the linux boot. however I have not find how to detect what services run right now. I would like to now that and how to kill services. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Fetch port services from LDAP server

Hi, We have a ldap server configured with services (port) and want to know how to fetch that to the ldap clients: # cat /etc/nsswitch.conf|grep -i services services: files sss (neither sss nor ldap works) by doing "#getent services" I am getting only the result from /etc/services but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sridaran
1 Replies
IFSERVICES(5)						       Network configuration						     IFSERVICES(5)

NAME
ifservices-* - control network services with ifup/down SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ is read by the script /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-services which starts and stops system services when an interface is set up/down. ifup-services is used by /sbin/ifup, which is the command line user interface for setting up network interfaces. This is useful if you don't have a permanent network connection. If you sometimes boot without network and plug in the network cable later you can add links to system services in this directory. These services will then be started with ifup and stopped with ifdown. The configuration name used for ifservices-* should match exactly the configuration name of the ifcfg-* file for the interface. For the usage with NetworkManager (where you don't necessarily need a ifcfg-* file) you can also use /etc/sysconfig/network/ifser- vices-<interface>-<essid>/ (for wlan interfaces) or if that does not exist /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<interface>/. As a final fallback /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices/ is checked as well. If NetworkManager is active services will be stopped after the interface is down. The links in this directory are equal to the links in the runlevel directories /etc/init.d/rc*.d/ They have to point to service start scripts which are usually in /etc/init.d/. Links starting with 'S' are start links, which are called in alphabetical order after ifup has set up the interface. Links starting with 'K' are kill links which are called before ifdown takes down the interface. See also section Sequencing Directories in boot (7). EXAMPLE
In this example we use an interface with MAC address 00:de:ad:be:af:00. This interface is not always physically connected. As soon as you plug in the cable ypbind and autofs should be started. When you pull the cable they should be stopped. This can be reached with: in file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00 ... STARTMODE=ifplugd ... in dir /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00/ S10portmap -> /etc/init.d/portmap S20ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind S30autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs S20autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs K30ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind Now you have to disable the start of this services at boot time chkconfig ypbind off chkconfig autofs off Notes: You may call scripts/create-ifservices-directory [<interface_name>] to create a directory with the links from this example. This will cre- ate the directory ifservices-<interface_name> or if no interface name was given ifservices-template. Maybe you have to add also variable IFPLUGD_PRIORITY. For details about startmode ifplugd read ifup (8). The service portmap had to be added because ypbind needs it. This service is still started at boot time because it does not need an active network connection. But ypbind may now be started earlier as usual. Therefore we make sure that portmap is started before. Starting an already running service again does not affect the service. SEE ALSO
ifup(8), ifcfg(5). AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> sysconfig February 2005 IFSERVICES(5)