Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to provide password for rsync in shell script? Post 302939598 by laasyateradata on Thursday 26th of March 2015 09:49:41 PM
Old 03-26-2015
Need help in shell scripting..Urgent ...Thanks in advance

I am very new to Unix shell scripting ..got some task on unix shell script..
Can you please help me in understanding the below part of shell script
Code:
PROCNAME=`basename $0 | awk -F"." '{print $1}'` 
export LOG_DT=`date '+20%y%m%d'`;
export LOG_TM=`date +'%H%M'`.log; 
export FCTN_LIB=${ARCH_BIN_DIR}/function_library.sh
. ${FCTN_LIB}
export LOG=${LOG_DIR}/${PROCNAME}.${LOG_DT}${LOG_TM}
export PFILE=${PROCNAME}.ksh_param
PGM=${PROCNAME}
clear
trap 'errhandle_se_je 1' 1 2 3 15

A=${1:-0}
B=${2:-0}  
C=${3:-0}  
D=${4:-30}
E=${5:-270}
F="$CDD/${PROCNAME}_dups.bad

Last edited by rbatte1; 04-07-2015 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to provide "answers" to SSL Cert Request

Hello, I need assistance with creating a shell script to generate SSL Certificate Requests on remote hosts. Below is my stab at this, but I cannot figure out how to pass the requested arguments into the openssl command correctly. I have a major problem with redirecting the "answers" into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azvelocat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - storing password in script

Hello, I wish to store the password in an rsync script so that when prompted it just enters the password. I know I can set up passwordless logins, but I have never been able to do this on this particular server so I am resorting to storing the password in the script: rsync -avz -e ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to provide password to the prompt through Java

Hi All, I am using Ubuntu machine with JDK 6. I am running following command on shell- sudo ./somecript . Now, it prompts for sudo password and I provide the sudo password on shell and "somescript" starts running with sudo permissions. What I want to do is, I need to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaibhim
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide Password using to the application using the shell script

Hello, I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod). I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application. I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide password?

Hi , I am trying to unzip some file in a dir using shell script ,but it prompts for password to unzip those files ,how would i provide the passoword in the script it self (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies
BOOTPARAMS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     BOOTPARAMS(5)

NAME
bootparams -- boot parameter database SYNOPSIS
/etc/bootparams DESCRIPTION
The bootparams file specifies the boot parameters that diskless(8) clients may request when booting over the network. Each client supported by this server must have an entry in the bootparams file containing the servers and pathnames for its root, area. It may optionally contain swap, dump, and other entry types. Each line in the file (other than comment lines that begin with a #) specifies the client name followed by the pathnames that the client may request by their logical names. Names are matched in a case-insensitive fashion, and may also be wildcarded using shell-style globbing char- acters. The components of the line are delimited with blank or tab, and may be continued onto multiple lines with a backslash. For example: dummy root=server:/export/dummy/root swap=server:/export/dummy/swap dump=server:/export/dummy/swap gateway=router:255.255.255.0 When the client named "dummy" requests the pathname for its logical "root" it will be given server ``server'' and pathname ``/export/dummy/root'' as the response to its RPC request. netra[1-5]www* root=server:/export/jumpstart/netra_www When any client with a name matching the pattern "netra[1-5]www*" requests the pathname for its logical "root" it will be given server ``server'' and pathname ``/export/jumpstart/netra_www'' as the response to its RPC request. As this example implies, this is useful for set- ting up Jumpstart servers for Sun clients. NOTES
The server does not default to the localhost, and must be filled in. FILES
/etc/bootparams default configuration file SEE ALSO
diskless(8), rpc.bootparamd(8) BSD
February 28, 2002 BSD