Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove files in directories
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove files in directories Post 302939543 by balajesuri on Thursday 26th of March 2015 12:08:05 PM
Old 03-26-2015
1. How are you invoking this perl sub-routine? If this is in a perl script, then are you invoking it on cygwin command line?

2. $id is not defined anywhere in the scope of remove() routine.

3. Just for the sake of debugging, you could have some mechanism to wait until the user enters an input and quit after that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check all files in directories for string and remove.. possible?

Say I am in /var/adm/bin and I want to search through all the various scripts and such in that directory for a string, say, xxx@yyy.com I want to find every file with that in there and replace it with a single space. Is that possible? Or, is it possible to search every file and get a list... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Remove Ctrl M characters in files from directories and its subdirectories

Hi, How to recursively remove Ctrl M characters in files from a directory and its sub directory ? I know unix2dos command is there but to remove in bunch of files ... ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdp
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove all directories and sub-directories

Please could someone advise me the unix command to remove all directories and sub-directories with files within the directory structures. Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to remove ISMP files when the directories have been deleted?

Hello all, I've been asked to help with some cleanup on a couple of systems that were running some Websphere apps. I need to remove the following filesets: mqsi61.cfgmgrc 6.1.0.2 COMMITTED Config. Manager Component mqsi61.cfgmgrf 6.1.0.2 COMMITTED Config.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies
IPKDB(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  IPKDB(9)

NAME
ipkdb -- machine-dependent interface to ipkdb SYNOPSIS
#include <ipkdb/ipkdb.h> void ipkdb_init(void); void ipkdb_connect(int when); int ipkdbcmds(void); void ipkdbinit(void); void ipkdb_trap(void); int ipkdb_poll(void); int ipkdbif_init(struct ipkdb_if *kip); int ipkdbfbyte(u_char *c); int ipkdbsbyte(u_char *c, int i); DESCRIPTION
The machine-dependent code must support this interface for operation with ipkdb(4). During system bootstrap, machine-dependent code must invoke ipkdb_init(). If the kernel is booted with RB_KDB set in boothowto (see boothowto(9)), ipkdb(4) is enabled by invoking ipkdb_connect(), setting the when argument to 0. ipkdbcmds() is invoked by machine-dependent code when the trap mechanism determines that the debugger should be entered, i.e., on a single step or breakpoint interrupt from kernel code. The trapping mechanism should already have stored the registers into the global area ipkd- bregs. The layout of this area must be the same as that expected by gdb(1). Valid return values are: IPKDB_CMD_RUN user wants to continue IPKDB_CMD_STEP user wants to do single stepping IPKDB_CMD_EXIT user has detached from debugging FUNCTIONS
The machine-dependent code must provide the following functions for the machine-independent code. ipkdbinit() This routine gets called when the debugger should be entered for the first time. ipkdb_trap() This routine is part of the trap handler. Whenever a trap happens (e.g., when hitting a breakpoint during debugging), ipkdb_trap() decides if the Debugger needs to be called. If there are other ways to decide that, it's not necessary to provide an ipkdb_trap() implementation. ipkdb_poll() This routine gets called after a panic to check for a key press by the user. If implemented it allows the user to press any key on the console to do the automatic reboot after a panic. Otherwise the debugging interface will wait forever for some remote debugger to attach in case of a panic. ipkdbif_init(kip) In order to be able to find the debugging interface, the network driver must invoke ipkdbif_init() with kip specifying a struct ipkdb_if plus some additional parameters that allow it to access the devices registers, hopefully using bus_space(9) methods. In the ipkdb_if structure, the attach routine must initialize the following fields: myenetaddr fill this with the own ethernet address of the device/machine flags mark at least IPKDB_MYHW here name name of the device, only used for a message start routine called every time ipkdb is entered leave routine called every time ipkdb is left receive routine called to receive a packet send routine called to send a packet Additional fields that may be set are: myinetaddr fill this with the own internet address, and mark IPKDB_MYIP in flags port may be used as a pointer to some device ipkdbfbyte(c) This routine should fetch a byte from address c. It must not enter any trap handling code, but instead return -1 on inability to access the data. ipkdbsbyte(c, i) This routine should set the byte pointed to by c to the value given as i. The routine must not enter any trap handling code. Furthermore it should reset the modification bit in the relevant page table entry to the value before the store. SEE ALSO
ipkdb(4), boothowto(9) BSD
September 4, 2009 BSD