Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a number from a file? Post 302939522 by liuzhencc on Thursday 26th of March 2015 08:45:09 AM
Old 03-26-2015
How to read a number from a file?

hello guys,

I'm struggled to get a number from a very long text file.
Code:
 NAtoms=   33 NActive=   30 NUniq=   23 SFac= 1.00D+00 NAtFMM=   60 NAOKFM=F Big=F
 Integral buffers will be    131072 words long.
 Raffenetti 2 integral format.

The number 33 is what I wanted, always follows NAtoms= . I use awk -F= '{print $2}', but get "33 NActive" instead of 33.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read and separate number and words in file and store to two new file using shell

hi, I am a begginer in unix and i want to know how to open a file and read it and separate the numbers & words and storing it in separate files, Using shell scripting. Please help me out for this. Regards S.Kamakshi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a number from file and place it back

Hi All, I want to read one number from the file. Only one number will be there in the file. then i have to increment the number in my script and put it back in the same file. Is it possible? Can anybody help me? Thanks, Vinay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the specified line number from file

Hi Guys, I am new to unix. Actually i want help in writing an single command where i can actually read specific line number in file where the line number will be passed to command as parameter. ex. 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d And to my command i pass as 2. so i should get output as 2 b ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read n number of lines from a file

Hiii I am very new to shell scripting.This is my data file a.txt: 56 45.78 1000 11.23 76.89 45 34.56 23 3400 100 .......... Now i am must use shell scripting to read n number of lines from the file & from ts n number of lines i need to find greatest number among them & so on for... (44 Replies)
Discussion started by: varsha
44 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read flat file upto certain number of columns

Hello Guys Please help me with the below issue I want to read a flat file source upto certain number of columns Say my flat file has 30 columns but I want to read upto 25 columns only How come the above issue can be addressed? Thanks a lot!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write $line number into textfile and read from line number

Hello everyone, I don't really know anything about scripting, but I have to manage to make this script, out of necessity. #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do #I'm reading from a big wordlist instructions using $line done Is there a way to automatically write the $line number the script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Dtrace-counting the number of read access to a file

Hi, I want to write a script with dtrace to count the number of read and write from and to a file. I use this for reading: dtrace -n 'syscall::read:entry { @ = count(); }' but it doesn'f give me a single answer. The result is always increasing. :wall: Please use next time code tags... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: golabi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read row number from 1 file and print that row of second file

Hi. How can I read row number from one file and print that corresponding record present at that row in another file. eg file1 1 3 5 7 9 file2 11111 22222 33333 44444 55555 66666 77777 88888 99999 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file starting at certain line number?

I am new to ksh scripts. I would like to be able to read a file line by line from a certain line number. I have a specific line number saved in a variable, say $lineNumber. How can I start reading the file from the line number saved in $lineNumber? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcowboys13
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)