Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error when removing Sendmail packages in Solaris 11.2 Post 302939479 by tubiman on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 07:30:44 PM
Old 03-25-2015
jlliagre, you solved my problem! Smilie

Thank you very much!

./t

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 Packages necessary for Floppy Access

I'm a newbie to Unix, but am working with some people that are more knowledgable than I, and we're all stumped. We are working to secure (Information Assurance) a Command & Control System that uses a Solaris 8 Application server. As part of this process, we are attempting to minimize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

pkgrm without removing the dependent packages

Hi all, Is there any option to remove a package without removing the dependent packages.... ie, i need to remove a package, while trying to remove by using pkgrm command it says as some dependent packages also will get removed, i dont want to remove those dependent packages. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: judi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Gnome Packages on Solaris 10 u6

If my system is supposed to be a pure oracle database server can i remove all the GNOME packages from the system ? Currently system is installed with Everything+OEM and i want the image to be as small as possible remove the unnecessary softwares from it so that its a master image for other servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

failsafe removing packages

hey i need to remove a package has my system will not boot up now. when i go into failsafe and mount the root onto /a if i run pkgrm -R /a SUNWvolu it says it does no exist, i een tried to pkginfo -R /a to see if i could see any packages, but it no packages are returned. as failsafe is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dshakey
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

can one install packages from different Solaris 10 subversion on a SPARC? (if we don't have the install media for exact same Solaris10.) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris packages and installation query

Hi, Need a small help Bash$> pkginfo | grep -i compress system SUNWbzip The bzip compression utility system SUNWgzip The GNU Zip (gzip) compression utility system SUNWzip The Info-Zip (zip)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - removing packages when files have been deleted

Is there any way to do this? Files/directory have been deleted but pkginfo reports the packages still there. Is there any way to clean this out? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing packages in Solaris 11

I want to install EMCpower (EMC Powerpath package) in Solaris 11. At most of the places, I can see procedure to install packages which comes with repository. This is third party tool, I have downloaded it to /var/tmp. How should I install it ? root@orapdps11 # pkg publisher PUBLISHER ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

Hi all, Does anyone know where you can get solaris 10 packages these days? It seems that sunfreeware have now started charging you to download them, which is good. I have found opencsw, but that seems to rely on you hooking the machine into the interenet and at the moment I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to install .p51 packages in Solaris 11.4?

Does anyone know how to install a package that comes in a p5i file in Solaris 11.4? The first thing the Oracle documentation says is to "launch packagemanager". Well they removed packagemanager from 11.4 (and you can't install it yourself). I want a package from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)