Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Library/header path for ./configure Post 302939474 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 05:40:19 PM
Old 03-25-2015
Take a look at what those folders are with ls -l. A lot of them are probably symlinks to the final location -- i.e. there could be more than one right answer. I would assume the most generic one, /usr/lib/openmpi, would be the one to stick with, but that's only a guess.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

library path

How do you get an application to use an alternate library? Dave:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nucca
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configure script can't find a library

I installed libxml2 library from source and it installed itself in /usr/local/lib i added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf and ran a ldconfig ( as root ) then i tried to compile tablix-0.0.3 wich does require the installed version of libxml2 i ran ./configure ( as normal user ) and i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

removing library path

Hi Everyone I have written an installer dependant on several shared libraries. I am attempting to strip the full path from these dependant libraries using the chatr command via a script file but am having no success. Running ldd on the intaller exe fails with the following error. Cant open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing a header in a shared library

Hello, Does changing a header in a shared library under Solaris (say adding a new class data member) will result in not only compiling that library but all of the libraries that depend on that lib that was changed because of the change in the object's size? What about adding a virtual function?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linker
0 Replies

5. Solaris

configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH

When i configure apache(2.2.15) on solaris-8 server it producing following error <configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH configure failed for srclib/apr > please help me any to fix this error. :confused: ---------- Post updated at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous update was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

6. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure $PATH in /.bash_profile or /etc/paths?

Hi - I am trying to include the MSQ.exe that I have downloaded for the sake of learning. My current /.bash_profile file reads: PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin:$PATH export PATH ----------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
4 Replies

8. Programming

C++ library path

Hello, How to set up the path for downloaded C/C++ libraries (or, header files) so that they can be included like system headers (stdio.h or iostream)? The libraries/headers are from a package containing different folders each has different sets of headers and put in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

9. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

configure library package for --host architecture

I am trying to decode "configure" script for "bluez" package as far as how are "configure" options for cross-compiling passed to libtoool or GCC to build C++ library. As far as I can tell the "configure" triplet analysis (case) has no options to analyze anything with "linux" in it ,therefore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
5 Replies
AUTOSCAN(1)							   User Commands						       AUTOSCAN(1)

NAME
autoscan - Generate a preliminary configure.in SYNOPSIS
autoscan [OPTION]... [SRCDIR] DESCRIPTION
Examine source files in the directory tree rooted at SRCDIR, or the current directory if none is given. Search the source files for common portability problems, check for incompleteness of `configure.ac', and create a file `configure.scan' which is a preliminary `configure.ac' for that package. -h, --help print this help, then exit -V, --version print version number, then exit -v, --verbose verbosely report processing -d, --debug don't remove temporary files Library directories: -B, --prepend-include=DIR prepend directory DIR to search path -I, --include=DIR append directory DIR to search path AUTHOR
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-autoconf@gnu.org>. GNU Autoconf home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/>. General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). The full documentation for autoscan is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and autoscan programs are properly installed at your site, the command info autoscan should give you access to the complete manual. GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 AUTOSCAN(1)